Hello all

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

yes
Finch

Hello all

#1 Postby yes » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I have recently become vegan. I used to do weights for a while, but had to stop due to moving and I have now become very skinny, and am planning to go back to doing weights. I can't afford to go to the gym regularly, so I will do this at home instead. I have not however, been able to find any shop which sells weights. I'm in the Scotland, so if anyone's got any clue as to what shops you can get this kinda equipment I'd apprechiate the information.

Cheers :)

captfit
Manatee

Re: Hello all

#2 Postby captfit » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:53 am

Hey Congrats on joining the club .
You can always start with some home based bodyweight workouts in the meanwhile you get weights .
I did some last year and was really happy with what i could achieve .
I am no expert but i can share what i did when i wasn't going to gym and see if it suits you .

Free Squats 3x12
Push Ups 3x8
Chin Ups 3x5
Parallel Bar Dips 3x8
Plank 2x30 secs

Try this for the time being going up one rep every set every workout and adding 5 seconds on plank every workout . Do this for like 3-4 times a week .
Hope i could help .

mrbear666
Elephant

#3 Postby mrbear666 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 pm

hi mate, try this place im from the uk and have bought alot of stuff from here http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/
"iam the strongest one! iam the viking!" - jon pall sigmarsson
“may all of your dreams and ambitions happen, but most important, may all of your enemies die"
www.infowars.com

yes
Finch

#4 Postby yes » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:52 am

cheers for the information guys, i'm gonna give those exercises a go, i figure it's better than nothing no doubt. will also have a look at that website :)

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#5 Postby C.O. » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:19 pm

Yeah another welcome. Can't help with the weights finding in your area prob but just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the community.

-Dylan

Return to “Introductions”