SE Iowa Checking in

Crashteam85

Hello group!

I wanted to join up as I'm sick of having to where a flame suit every time I mention that I don't eat meat or dairy...

Anyway I'm Tyson

I live in Iowa

My wife and I took to the vegan diet only a month ago, although I feel as though I've been doing this all along. It has come so natural to me I can't recall why it was ever hard before.

Our primary reason for the diet is for animal rights and the ecological disaster that the food industry has created. You see it all over in the mid west, people are just so use to it though, they aren't open to an opposing viewpoint.

I have been lifting casually for 3 years, made little progress, although I don't give myself credit, I couldn't do a single pull up when I started 3 years ago.

I'm skinny/fat, always have been 6'1" and only around 165-170lbs.

I got myself to 155 a year ago, i looked ok, but my main dream was to bulk and have some size, plus a squat and bench weight that was embarrassing.

Last year I was very motivated by some documentaries I watched to study fitness more in depth, So I ordered the study materials to become ACE certified and wrote an excellent business plan for an in home health coach business, bringing the gym to the folks at home that don't like gyms and teaching them how to shop/eat/cook/workout ect. Basically what the movie stars have, only affordable for a typical middle/lower class family. Anyway enough of that!

My vegan experience has been amazing thus far. All of my lifts are up. Broke 200lbs on squats for the first time ever. I weighed in at 168 when I started my Vegan "Bulk" plan and I am now sitting at 177. I'm very excited!

I hope to share that excitement with you guys and help spread knowledge! Thanks for listening

Hi Tyson! Welcome to the forum. What an amazing story you have - I love it! Congratulations for making the choice to go vegan, particularly for the reasons you mentioned. So many people are completely blind to those reasons. It's awesome to hear how naturally it's coming along for you and your wife!

AND... I think it's great that you want to provide those services on an affordable basis. Well done, Tyson! Kudos to you!

Again, welcome to the Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness forum! Glad to have you here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tyson, welcome to the group. We definitely can relate and many of us are on other forums and have had similar experiences. I just read someone elses intro and they posted some really closed minded responses they got from posting about a plant based diet on men's health website.

Hope you're doing well and my only suggestion on this site is post questions to other peoples threads directly, specifically those that seem to use the forum regularly, like in the training journal sections. That will be your best bet for making good connections and getting your questions addressed.

-Dylan

Thanks for the advice and the kind words! It's been a challenging month for us, the weird weather go the whole house sick about 3 times already (stomach bug!) I'm sticking to my guns though! The workout plan dropped off as a result as well as the eating in bulk.

Time to get back on the bus though and hit the plates!

Thanks agian guys/gals