Hello from WA, USA

brahmastra

Hi, I'm 22, been vegan for over a year - vegetarian and male since forever. Vegan not for any health reasons, but pretty much the moral arguments.

Started hitting the gym (on and off) few years back in true n00b progression - doing machines, not doing lower body et al.

Anyway I'm a month into Stronglifts 5x5 after it was recommended by a friend - I've gotten gains (in strength anyway).

I also swim a fair bit (2-3 times a week, 40-ish laps) and plan to cycle seriously. Not taking any supplements.

Right now my diet is pretty random - I try to eat raw healthy but I don't say no to junk food. I like to cook though, so I'd like to learn about good ways to get good vegan protein.

Anyway joined this forum to see what the bodybuilding experience is for other vegans (I don't know any other vegans here, let alone vegan gym rats).

My goals: nothing lofty - just the basics like get stronger, and challenge myself.

Nice, you sound motivated but realistic at the same time. Welcome to the community here. What's your name and where are you from? Its a great forum, awesome people here. Sometimes you have to chat them up directly though to get things going. I always suggest posting on other peoples threads, the journals section is a great place to do that. You can tell who posts regularly.

-Dylan

Hey there, and welcome to the forum! That's awesome that you've been vegetarian since forever!

I'm trying to figure all this stuff out, too, so I probably can't answer your questions all that well, but I agree with Dylan above, in that you should read through the posts on the forum and reach out to specific people, or post in certain threads to get the answers you are seeking.

Keep at it, buddy! Vegan is the way to be! Haha!

Best,

Karen