A first Hello

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

A first Hello

#1 Postby Jackieb » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:18 am

Hello, my name is Jackie and I am from the UK.
I have recently started to think about general health and fitness much more recently

Everything is against me - I am 51yrs old, and I work full time, but you know I am going to give it a go. I have downloaded Robert Cheeke's book and I am reading a few pages every night which is so inspiring.
I have started a new gym, and try to go 4 - 6 times a week depending on work commitments.
I am eating 6 smaller meals a day and following a vegan diet is not really hard but I felt I ought to try protein supplements as an alternative to a pot of nuts. - I am so delighted to state I had my first post work out protein (hemp) shake - so I feel I have made a proper start!

Would love to get feedback and just an odd hello!

Re: A first Hello

#2 Postby vegan_rossco » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:37 pm

Hello jackie! Welcome to the forum, sounds like you've got off to a great start :) the best advice I could give is that you should start a journal/diary on here of when and what you've trained and eaten etc. Its the best way to get feedback and get chatting to the others here :)
We've got plenty of people from the UK on the site too, including myself :) all the best
klaatu21 wrote:sensai ross, forgive me for doubting you and myself

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

#3 Postby stcalico » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:27 pm

Never too late to get started! Protein powder can certainly be a safety net, so good to use that while you are getting used to everything. You may feel comfortable enough with your nutrition later that you feel you don't need it. Everyone is different tho. Anyway, hello and welcome.
If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it isn't, you'll find an excuse.

#4 Postby Compassion » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Welcome to the forums Jackie!

VBB Moderator

#5 Postby C.O. » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:23 pm

Hey Jackie welcome to the community! Haha I try not to give him too much credit because he's a good friend of mine and I like to give him a hard time but, I do genuinely agree, Robert is a very motivational guy. Glad you are enjoying his book.

Return to “Introductions”