Another vegan newby

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Vitality
Rabbit

Another vegan newby

#1 Postby Vitality » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:41 am

Hi guys and girls,

I'm Dominic, and have only recently become Vegan in the past couple weeks, and had been flirting a bit with a vegan lifestyle in past few months as I built up my knowledge and learn't more about the Vegan lifestyle. I was attracted to the lifestyle and the benifits that follows while being a vegan which just make sense after I researched more into Veganism.

Right now as it stands regarding my goals, I want to first lose weight, currently sitting at 108kg 5'10 (not great at all I know) but after I focus on losing the weight I want to get more into bodybuilding. Not sure if its ok that I'm here to post about my weightloss, rather then bodybuilding even though thats where I eventually want to get to, but this forum seemed best for info/recipes in a Vegan community.

Anyway hope you guys and girls allow me to post up here!

PS. even orded Vegan bodybuilding and Fitness which I'm impatiently waiting on to arrive haha

Synny667
Elephant

Re: Another vegan newby

#2 Postby Synny667 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:56 am

Welcome aboard :)
I do because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

Austin
Finch

#3 Postby Austin » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Welcome to vbb :D Hope your diet goes well.

Vitality
Rabbit

#4 Postby Vitality » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Thanks guys :)

stcalico
Manatee

#5 Postby stcalico » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Hello. Welcome.
Yup, weight loss is part of the 'whole' picture of bodybuilding so you are in good company. I don't consider myself a bodybuilder either really.. I just like being strong, healthy, and lifting weights. Hope you find the resources you need here. :)
If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it isn't, you'll find an excuse.

Vitality
Rabbit

#6 Postby Vitality » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:58 pm

Awesome, thankyou Stcalico! Strong, healthy, and lifting weights thats where I wanna be ;)

robert
Site Admin

#7 Postby robert » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi Dominic,

Thank you so much for joining our forum and for ordering my book. I sincerely appreciate it!

All the best with your health and fitness goals. Feel free to create a training journal here on the forum. I know it really helps me stay accountable.

Keep after it!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#8 Postby C.O. » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Hey Dominic, how are things? Still vegan? What did you think of Robert Cheeke's book?

-Dylan

Haz
Finch

#9 Postby Haz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:21 pm

Welcome! I am confident that a whole food vegan diet will take you where you want to go with your body.

Return to “Introductions”