Trouble Changing Avatar?

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

all zen
Rabbit

Trouble Changing Avatar?

#1 Postby all zen » Fri May 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Last edited by all zen on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My goal is not to be better than anyone else, but to be better than I used to be" ~ Dr. Wayne W Dyer~

maybenot
Manatee

Re: Trouble Changing Avatar?

#2 Postby maybenot » Fri May 03, 2013 4:23 pm

User Control Panel -> Profile -> Edit Avatar -> maximum width: 150 pixels, maximum height: 160 pixels

Where exactly are you having trouble?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

#3 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Fri May 03, 2013 4:24 pm

At the moment, you must link to an image which is hosted elsewhere. You can't just upload to this site, or upload an image from elsewhere, you must make sure you select to link to the image. This is simple to do, here are instructions to follow using tinypic.com, but you could use any image hosting company like photobucket or imageshack if you have a gallery there.

1) Go to http://www.tinypic.com

2) The first box on the right is labelled "File". Click the button to the right of this labelled "Browse..."

3) Look through your folders on your computer and find the image that you want to use as your avatar.

4) Once you've done that, you can ignore everything else and just click on "UPLOAD NOW!" at the bottom.

5) It will say "Uploading... Please wait"

6) Then you will be taken to a page with various different ways to use the image. You need to copy the bottom link which is labelled "Direct Link for Layouts". (This is done automatically by tinypic.com, all you need to do is click on the link, which will look like http://i32.tinypic.com/14vmupt.jpg)

7) Come back to the Vegan Bodybuilding forum, and go to your profile, the link to your profile is top left of the main forum page

8 ) At the bottom of your profile editing page, the last option is "Link to off-site Avatar". All you need to do is then click in that box, and then Right-Click your mouse and select Paste from the menu. This will put the address of your image into that box.

9) Press the bold button Submit at the bottom of the page, and you are all done.

all zen
Rabbit

#4 Postby all zen » Mon May 06, 2013 4:49 pm

Last edited by all zen on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My goal is not to be better than anyone else, but to be better than I used to be" ~ Dr. Wayne W Dyer~

all zen
Rabbit

#5 Postby all zen » Mon May 06, 2013 5:28 pm

Last edited by all zen on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maybenot
Manatee

#6 Postby maybenot » Mon May 06, 2013 7:52 pm

You can upload your own image, I uploaded mine

Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

#7 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Mon May 06, 2013 8:53 pm

I can't see why it wouldn't work, but feel free to PM me the image and I'll upload it for you. MF

Return to “Introductions”