trifelife

Hello! i have Vegan of about 4 years now. 5'8

Got serious into lifting weights when I first went vegan for about 9 months. Weighed about 220

Wasn't serious about cardio, basically just ate tons of food and lifted heavy.

Stayed at around 220-225 for about a year.

After I moved I did about 2.5 years of 3-4 days a week (lots of slacking) going to the local park and doing box jumps/pull ups/ push-ups, and other calestenic workouts but was never super serious about it ate like crap. And rode my bike about 20 miles a day.

Dropped down to about 200-205

Since right after Christmas I have been going to the gym 6 days a week sometimes seven

I started out doing mid/light weights, with high reps, and hitting the tread mill and row machine each day before I would lift.

Dropped weight pretty fast, went down to 182 which is the least I have weighed since I was 14.

Roughly 2 months ago I switche up my routine,

Started lifting 5 x 5. Still doing cardio before each workout.

Example

Mon: Focus on back, with some shoulder exercises, some ab workouts to finish up

Tue: chest, with light arms (triceps, and light bicep)

Wed: legs, heavy ab workout after

Thur: shoulders, some back exercises

Fri: arms, chest and abs.

Sat: do some cardio run/row machine, hit the heavy bag swing some kettle bells.

Sun usually rest.

S

Since I started this I have focused on eating as healthy as I possibly can. No bread/pasta.

Eating as much raw food as possible.

Example would be: breakfast oatmeal/ dry granola, head of broccoli, avocado, banana, lots of water

Workout. Protien shake,

Then ill have salad with black beans tofu sprouts etc

Snack of trail mix

Dinner soup with tofu, raw or steamed brussel sprouts, maybe a little brown rice and beans

Snack hummus and raw veggies or dried fruit.

I drink around a gallon of water each day.

So in two months I went from roughly 180 to 197.

I have a lot more muscle mass/definition then I did before.

My arms are getting a little vascular which I have never had.

My issue is, I have lost a lot of weight in my stomach/sides/lower back.

But not nearly as much as I've wanted to.

Someone told me I'm retaining water to gain muscle that fast.

Anyone have any tips or pointers to losing more body fat?

My goal is to be around 175-180 and cut. I've always been a really "stocky" person,

And rather obese when I was younger

Cardio I keep doing more of. Couldn't run a mile when I first started now I do a mile in about 8.5 min an row fast and hard for about 5 min.

Nice! What's your name? Where are you from? You've been going strong since December, so what's different now that in the past that keeps you so motivated?

-Dylan

Patrick, Rochester ny, 26 years old.

Access to a good gym near where I live.

Plus just wanna be in great shape for once in my life.

Nice, I was only in Rochester once in my life. Very memorable party in a park that I ended up getting in a car from Buffalo the night before with some friends that I made that night at a different party I went to by myself because I was visiting from Oregon and it was my birthday and none of my cousins wanted to come out. So Rochester is a magical place in my eyes, haha, I can never go back I'm sure it will tarnish that quickly on a 2nd visit.

That's cool, motivation seems to be the biggest hurdle for most people. It always great to hear everyone's unique story.

-Dylan