Long Time Bodybuilder...Vegan Newbie

Foods4Health

Hello everyone, just joined the forums. Am very happy to have found such a wonderful community as I have been lifting weights for quite sometime, but am much more new to the vegan lifestyle. Have been lifting weights for almost 10 years and it is one of my favorite hobbies. Try to make it to the gym around 4 times a week. Hope to learn some new recipes and engage with you all . Thanks!

Welcome to the community here. What's your name and where are you from by the way? Lifting for 10 yrs?! Have you ever competed?

-Dylan

Thanks Dylan, I'm from Canada, east coast. And yes, 10 years, crazy how fast that has gone. Started working out when Ron Coleman was still winning Sandows haha.

I have never competed, it was a goal for a long time. Unfortunately too many injuries and what not so can't lift as heavy as I used to. I'm only in my mid 20's so figured if I keep lifting like I was (heavy, high volume) then by mid 30's I'de be a mess haha. What about yourself? Ever competed?

Not a chance. I lift for strength and health but I don't lift or eat like a body builder. I just like to stay fit, never interested in getting huge. Robert Cheeke the creator of this site is a good friend of mine. He got me hooked on this site and always learning more about nutrition and fitness.

-Dylan