My Vegan Journey

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

wtfcharly
Finch

My Vegan Journey

#1 Postby wtfcharly » Tue May 21, 2013 7:18 pm

What If We’re Wrong? - Written by a meat eater

What if meat is bad for us? What if the 2+ pounds of chicken, steak & fish (.9 kilograms) I have been consuming a day to obtain that athletic look, that demi-god strength, that animal endurance, and that subconscious feeling of satisfaction has actually been hurting me? Holding me back, rewarding me but punishing me at the same time?

I’m a meat eater, who is going to begin his journey into the vegan lifestyle.

Thank the universe for Google. I have no family members and friends that are vegan with no vegan restaurants in my city (so wishing I lived in Venice still)! No cookbooks on how to become vegan and no prior knowledge of the vegan lifestyle. The only thing I know is that they’re are people who are vegan and fully believe in it’s philosophy and life-style.

How will I know if this diet is going to help me? I have to increase across all areas of mental health, physical health, and spiritual health if I am to fully believe in a vegan lifestyle. Then and only then can I change my perception and fully believe in a vegan lifestyle.

It starts today. Well it started yesterday.

mrbear666
Elephant

Re: My Vegan Journey

#2 Postby mrbear666 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:31 am

good luck mate, as long as you get plenty of calories from good clean foods you wont be sorry! :D
"iam the strongest one! iam the viking!" - jon pall sigmarsson
“may all of your dreams and ambitions happen, but most important, may all of your enemies die"
www.infowars.com

wtfcharly
Finch

#3 Postby wtfcharly » Wed May 22, 2013 4:15 am

mrbear666 wrote:good luck mate, as long as you get plenty of calories from good clean foods you wont be sorry! :D

Thanks a lot. I've been researching vegan power lifting and bodybuilding for the past 2 days. Starting to understand more about the lifestyle. I can use all the help so the encouragement is much appreciated.

mrbear666
Elephant

#4 Postby mrbear666 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:58 am

no worries pal, check out ppls journals and ask/comment in them its a good way to get insight into what everyones way of doing things or tricks are!
"iam the strongest one! iam the viking!" - jon pall sigmarsson
“may all of your dreams and ambitions happen, but most important, may all of your enemies die"
www.infowars.com

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#5 Postby C.O. » Sat May 25, 2013 1:08 pm

Super interesting, thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

-Dylan

Return to “Introductions”