My Vegan Aspirations

potapenkom

I am so excited that I came across this website! Now I can get advice from people like me!

My name is Morgan and I have been a vegetarian for four years now, but I would like to make the switch completely to being vegan. The only thing that is holding me back is dairy products such as greek yogurt and cheese. I am becoming increasingly more lactose intolerant, so making the switch should be easier for me. I need some help though. I am active duty Navy and with the terrible food they serve, it is hard to have a balanced vegan diet.

I love to work out. I spend a good amount of my time in the gym and I enjoy pushing myself to see how far I can go. I am doing a weight lifting program that first starts by strengthening major muscle groups by doing basic exercises; deep squats, dead lifts, bent over rows, over head press, and bench press. You do three exercises every other day, five reps five times with the heaviest weight you can possibly lift, each day increasing the weight. With this program it is easy to see progress. I am also being trained as a Zumba instructor and will be teaching aerobic dance classes!

I have a few goals I would like to achieve. Since I am in the military and I love to work out, I aspire to become part of the special operations as an air rescue swimmer. I need to be in the best shape possible, so if any of you have suggestions as to how to train, let me know! My second goal is to become super cut. I have never had defined muscle in my life and right now I am close and I can see some muscle, I just need some suggestions as to how to make it actually happen. I am getting disappointed with my body not doing what I want it to do no matter how hard I train or how little. Third, I want to learn more about veganism and how to do it properly without feeling tired all the time and to make sure my body can support it without breaking down by lack of nutrition.

I am excited to hear everybody's responses and I look forward to chatting with people like me!

Morgan