Greetings

Young_Mike

Hello, all. I'll attempt to be brief. My name is Mike, I'm an aspiring writer/artist/actor/maybe-kinda-sort-of-musician, I'm closing in on 22 years of age and I'm just starting veganism. I've had flirtations with becoming a vegetarian and/or a vegan in the past but I finally decided to go for it after finishing "Earthlings" today. I wanted to join a vegan community (specifically one geared towards fitness) because I know I'm going to have trouble making the conversion but I plan on trying until I finally get it down. My biggest challenge will be socially, I think, as roughly 99.8% of the people I interact with live off the typical American diet. Thanks for the read through, I hope I'll see you all around.

Hey Mike. Welcome. Don't get too hard on yourself over the transition. Eventually you'll be there. Don't worry about eating out. I've always found things to eat. Just at mothers day while eating out I ordered 2 side dishes and combined them to make my meal. (Rice and grilled veggies) Everyone commented that my meal looked the best.

Hey Mike, good to see you looking to make the change!

I was in the same boat, and agree with Emrys. You can pretty much eat at least something at every single restaurant. If they dont have something, pick something and ask to modify it, they should be willing to do this. Dont insist on vege restaurants with friends, if demand for vegan friendly meals goes up in mainstream places, the options will appear on more an more menus!