Hello from Miami!

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

veggietails
Finch

Hello from Miami!

#1 Postby veggietails » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Hello!

Greetings from Miami, FL :D I am a soon to be graduate student (location TBD), have extreme respect for nutrition and health.

I have been vegan for about three years or so, first sparked by my vegetarian roommate who started educating me on the agricultural/environmental impact that the “standard” ways of diets had on our earth.

Currently I am working (busting my chops, 2x/week) with my trainer in order to ‘lean up’ and define my muscles, albeit actual bodybuilding is not something I would strive for (still love going to the competitions!).

Although my nutrition grasp is pretty on point, I want to see different views on vegan foods when combined with heavy exercise/lifting.

*Quinoa and beans, although my favorite combination, are leaving me bloated and gassy! Have mild intolerance to soy doesn’t help either :o *

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to reading more posts!

Emrys
Rabbit

Re: Hello from Miami!

#2 Postby Emrys » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:47 am

Hi, welcome to the forum.
Little greatness.

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#3 Postby C.O. » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi veggietails, Welcome to the group here. On going nutritional education is important but optimal results from food vary from person to person. Eating a variety of foods is always best, and often you have to do a little self experimenting to find which foods your body responds to best. If you are always bloated and gassy I would try to change things up a bit. Gradual change is good, the body often doesn't respond well to cold turkey diet changes.
Hope to see you posting more with us!

-Dylan

lore
Finch

#4 Postby lore » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi veggietails, nice to meet you, I'm new here too. I can't eat quinoa or beans either, doesn't sit well with me. I focus on vegetables, fruits, and nuts. Good luck with the training! Like you, I'm also working on obtaining more muscle definition.

veggietails
Finch

#5 Postby veggietails » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Hello! A little late but thank you for the warm welcomes!

Lore, isn't that the worst? Quinoa and beans are the best, my issue is with beans and BM (TMI).

:lachmal:

Return to “Introductions”