Hi :)

Madeleine

Hi everyone,

I hope no one minds me joining this forum as I am not a bodybuilder and never will be... However, I think it would be helpful for me as I have recently joined a gym and would like to improve my body.

I am 26 years old and until three weeks ago hadn't done any formal exercise since leaving school (and even then I was lazy ). I am considered slim though, but it's not good slim!

I have started running 5km three times a week or more, which for me is a big achievement! I am also using the weight machines and hoping to build up strength.

This is where I'm wondering if anyone could kindly help me. I seem to carry almost all of my fat in my lower body and the top half of my body is horrible and skinny. I am virtually flat-chested, which of course I hate. I have started working on my pectorals in the hope that it will improve the look (I would never get implants).

I am not sure what to do about eating. I want to lose my flab but gain muscle too. I've been cutting calories but eating a healthy unrefined diet. I also don't know if doing 30 reps three times a week will do anything for me!

Please help!

Hi Madeleine, always nice to have another female on here. I hope you will be made to feel very welcome and you are enjoying looking around the board, there's a huge amount to take in and plenty of great information on pretty much everything you need to know. I see you are making some big leaps with your running, if you are managing to run 5km at a time, doing that 3 x week AND some gym work it sounds like you are on the right track.

Maybe you could consider starting a training journal on here, would be fantastic to follow your progress and see what you are doing in the gym. You would also get some very useful feedback and help I am sure. Anyway, take care and welcome again to VBB, I think it's a fantastic community here. Please feel free to shout out if you need anything MF.

Hi Madeleine, welcome welcome. Excited to have you join us, a fresh perspective is always great, there are tons of non-body builders here, that's where the fitness part of the site name comes in.

-Dylan