Hi from NYC

captainmeowbot

Hi guys. I'm delighted to find this site. I've been vegan since 2009, vegetarian for many years before. I've been out of the gym for a year and a half after a torn tendon in my knee. This time I plan to take my nutrition much more seriously. I've just switched from oatmeal to tvp porridge for breakfast, and have finally found a protein shake that's pretty good! I use a mixture of hemp protein, wheat protein, and brown rice protein with some almond milk and a little fruit puree. I also just switched from rice and beans to quinoa and beans.

I would love to hear any little tips on food, supplements, or anything else.

Hi and welcome, I like your name captainmeowbot, that's cute-funny. I suggest just browsing the site and posting questions on other people's threads. Some of the best threads are the training journals, some people post what they eat there too.

There are some fun meet ups too like vegan drinks which is monthly, they have lots of organizations there to spread the word about their causes and its just a good way to meet like minded people, just google vegan drinks nyc you'll find it.