Brand new!

Scooterpie

Hello everyone!

I am very new to being vegan, spent my whole life as a dogmatic meat/milk/whey protein warrior. Recently I have been finding that despite working out 3-5 days a week and eating a so called "balanced" diet(high in protein and animal products) I have been feeling lethargic and out of shape. Now I have slowly begun to eliminate meat from my diet and am switching from consuming dairy milk/cheese to soy and have really upped my bean/legume intake. I will say though that my main driving force to switch to being a vegan is me wanting to feel better. I'm sick of feeling weak,unable and bloated. I have always been very active and have competed in natural bodybuilding and raw powerlifting and despite doing ok in these two things I feel like my spirit is missing something. Over he last six months I have watched a few documentaries about being vegan and I have recently started to read the China Study and it is all so fascinating to me. The only thing that has been holding me back is the fear of eliminating animal products making me feel worse. That's all for now, I hope someone responds, I could use all the help and support available.

Hi Scooterpie, welcome to the group here. Glad you found us. Yes, the China study is so important in the nutrition education movement. Sounds like you are deep into some big lifestyle changes. Good luck!

-Dylan