Greetings from Tampa FL!

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

iamAlmightyL
Finch

Greetings from Tampa FL!

#1 Postby iamAlmightyL » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:13 am

Hey guys!

Here's a little info about me. I am 27 years, and have been vegan for 3 years. Before making the change, I weighed around 310 pounds. I had zero athletic ability and stayed seated for the majority of the day. I then started working at Whole Foods Market and was introduced to veganism, which helped me lose over 125lbs(almost half of me). I have since then started working out at home with TapouT XT, but feel like I'm no longer getting the gains I desire. That's when I found this site and am now dedicated to Vegan Bodybuilding! I am also in school studying to become a certified holistic health coach! I also want to become a personal trainer, but am unsure about which program to sign up for. I noticed that most of the best PT are certified through ACE.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Re: Greetings from Tampa FL!

#2 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:34 pm

Wow, I have to congratulate you on your weight loss. That is a HUGE amount to have lost. How do you feel now compared to when you weighed 300+lb?

Welcome to VBB, I am sure you will love it here. It's a likeminded, friendly community full of people only to willing to offer their help and support. Good luck with the Personal Training, it's certainly an exciting and rewarding career path. Please take a look through around the site and feel free to start up a training journal so we can all continue to follow your progress. All the best, see you around the board MF.

iamAlmightyL
Finch

#3 Postby iamAlmightyL » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:57 pm

Thanks MF! I feel absolutely wonderful. I've spent 90% of my life obese. I feel, look, and think like a different person.

JubNZ
Manatee

#4 Postby JubNZ » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:46 pm

Hey! Welcome to the community
:)

Awesome journey youve had so far, and looks like its only the start! You should definitely start a journal, would be awesome to follow your hollistic path and PT training etc

Jub
Just do it.

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#5 Postby C.O. » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:03 pm

Oh wow! I second that, what a life transformation you have been on. Please continue to share with us as you keep moving toward becoming a holistic health coach, that's awesome!

-Dylan

Return to “Introductions”