New!! Please Help this lost yet excited person!! :)

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Jmad
Finch

New!! Please Help this lost yet excited person!! :)

#1 Postby Jmad » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Hello there!! my name is jocelyn! been vegan for a little over a year, i will be 22 in August & i've just started a lifting routine this week. BUT i need help! i have no idea what to do when it comes to my diet or how exactly to incorporate food so that it will make me successful. I am not looking to bulk up or anything of that sort....but i do want to build muscle and get stronger! any tips etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D :D :D :D :D

stcalico
Manatee

Re: New!! Please Help this lost yet excited person!! :)

#2 Postby stcalico » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi Jocelyn and welcome.

What do you usually eat - maybe we can offer some suggestions to improve.
If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it isn't, you'll find an excuse.

knomad56
Rabbit

#3 Postby knomad56 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:33 pm

Hey Jocelyn, welcome! As far as diet is concerned, I definitely recommend reading Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness. I'm about 1/3 the way through it now and have learned some great things! I'm a little overweight myself but have learned that the likely culprit is that i'm undereating. Second recommendation is to start a journal for your food that way you have a written history of what goes in your mouth (and when).

Best of luck with your fitness goals! See ya around the forum!

Dave

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#4 Postby C.O. » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi Jocelyn,

Welcome to the VBBF community here. There is a ton of information to soak up, just start reading and asking questions directly on people's threads. Glad you found us here.

-Dylan

Return to “Introductions”