Hello from South Carolina

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Hello from South Carolina

#1 Postby scwendy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:18 pm

My name is Wendy and I am married with 5 children (ages 4 months to 21 years). I only recently started a plant-based, whole food diet (about 2 months ago). I stopped eating meat and eggs (never was obsessed with it, so that wasn't too hard for me) and started restricting dairy as well (tougher as a certified cheese lover).

I chose to change my diet for health reasons primarily and environmental reasons secondarily. I feel so much better! Within a week I felt a change and it has just gotten better over the past couple of months.

I think I am ready to take the leap and eliminate dairy and other animal products completely from my diet.

At the same time, I am ready to start working out in earnest again after too long of a break. I am inspired to see so many strong vegans represented here! I am restricted to cardio until after my hand heals (right hand surgery coming this Friday), but I am so looking forward to getting SERIOUS about fitness.

Thanks for having me.

Re: Hello from South Carolina

#2 Postby stcalico » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:07 pm

Hi Wendy

I was a cheese fiend at one point and am now clean for a year and half. It was easier than I thought. Once I learned that cheese contains a morphine derivative.. it is easy to understand why you might feel compelled to eat it... but the knowledge also makes it easier to just let that urge go.

My new favorite pizza is by Oh She Glows. A bit more work than your usual pizza.. but soo worth it. :)

Good luck in your fitness goals.. you can get started on a bit of lower body work while you hand heals too.
If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it isn't, you'll find an excuse.

VBB Moderator

Re: Hello from South Carolina

#3 Postby C.O. » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:10 pm

Hey Wendy, Glad to have you join us. Sounds like you're making some big strides!

Return to “Introductions”