Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Hi from Germany
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:04 am 
Manatee

EdensDemise wrote:
C.O. wrote:
i guess both the limitations and the reasoning, just curious.

i dont know it depends from the "scene" of people, in the hardcore punk scene most of the people just take the 3 rules of no smoke no drink no drugs, but they drink coffeine, energy drinks and crap like that, the reasoning is the same, in berlin there is a big sxe community but is justabout...well being drug free, they donthave such a big political mindset behind that, i mean yeah they are antifascist but it seems more like a fashion.
they have the t-shirts (berlin straight edge), the concerts, the flyers they want to show that in berlin there is a big community of militant people and stuff like this, they have a straight edge bar, which i think is merely stupid, you refuse the bar culture the uselessness of just being sit and drinking and drinking, but at the same time you do the same thing but in a alcoholfree way?
Personally i was happy when first i came to live in berlin because it was a big thing, but then i realised they are not so much into it, no one talks about the agriculture of tobacco and coffee that is destroying the planet, or the animal tests for the cigarettes, the alcohol culture that is bringing people to self-annihilation, or abuse and exploitation of people in cocaine fields etc etc. but well i think is like this everywhere.

Interesting points. I am around straight edge people very often when my band tours, but it's not something I would consider myself, I enjoy alcohol too much. Next time we play Berlin I will give you a message and we can meet at the show maybe.

My bands:
Extreme Noise Terror (hardcore punk)
Desecration (death metal)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:36 am 
Manatee

wtf do you play in extreme noise terror? is a band that i always enjoyed during my crustpunk days. i remember they had even a song "against" straight edgers :D anyway i didnt know that ent are still playing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:14 am 
Manatee

Ha, yes we're not the most straight edge band going, in fact we're pretty much alcohol fuelled. We play Germany fairly often, and usually it's Berlin as there's a lot of crust punks there.

My bands:
Extreme Noise Terror (hardcore punk)
Desecration (death metal)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:39 pm 
Finch

Hi, im travelling to Wiesbaden and Koln next week for work and in europe for a month, i cant seem to find any info on supplement stores in these cities, nor any chain stores in europe to grab the bare essentials while travelling/ training where possible.
any help would be really great
thanks!!