Nutrition advice

Bwalters82

Hey everyone, first and foremost thanks for this site and all of your inspiration. I've been vegan for a few months and would like a little feedback on my eating routine. First off, I'm a trail runner but need to lose some weight. I'd like to get my body fat %, get stronger and work on speed to run 5k distances faster. I don't cook much and I like simplicity when planning meals. Here's a sample day for me:

Smoothie

2 bananas

2 cups kale

1/2 cup berries

1 scoop Vega all in one

Brown rice

Black beans

Homemade cashew nacho sauce

Repeat these meals

Night snack of one serving of tofu with cashew sauce

2000ish calories

It's simple, cheap and doesn't heat up my small apartment. What do you think?

Oh yea, I guess that would help. I'm a 31 year old guy 5'8"-194-25%bf living in Dallas hoping to move to CO, OR or WA. Upon further inspection, here's the info I have about my food today (which is fairly typical):

Cals: 1750

Pro: 72

Carb: 261

Fat: 43.5

Pro 16%

Carb 59%

Fat 22%

I'll probably add an avocado to reach 2000 cals. I'm taking two servings of Vega All in One to serve all of my vitamin/supplement needs. Your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Your meals look not too bad to me. You may want to add some veggies to your rice or tofu... if you don't like chopping, you can always buy the frozen bags of mixed veggies and dump some in. Try to get in some citrus too... either half orange in your a.m. smoothie, or a little lemon juice in your rice dish. These small changes will add very few calories but lots of nutrients to your plan.