New from London Canada

wsorrel

Hello

My name is Liam Sorrell - I'm from London Canada. I'm a certified personal trainer and have been vegetarian (again) for about 5 years (I was a vegetarial from 14 - 20 then lost my way for about 5 years).

My spouse is lactose intolerant so we've recently begun eating a more vegan based lifestyle. While I am a personal trainer, I also HAVE a personal trainer who is concerned about me adopting a vegan lifestyle and getting all of the proper fuel I need to continue to train. In doing some research online about Vegan Diets and Athletics I stumbled upon this site and hope that I can get some great nutrition / fitness tips from people here. A lot of the other PTs I know are very leary of me adopting and promoting a vegan lifestyle as they are very focused on lean meat for lean muscle.

I should note that while I hold the designation of certified personal trainer - I am not actually a practicing personal trainer. I got the certificate more for personal growth than career ambitions. By day I'm a computer tech, who also gets pressured by peers to just eat meat.

Looking forward to reading through the vorums and the site!

-- Liam

Hi, welcome to the group here. Great to see another trainer joining the moment. I'd recommend Brendan Brazier's books Thrive and Thrive Diet, and also Robert Cheeke's book Vegan Body Building & Fitness. Plus just picking the brains of some of the athletes and trainers here in the forum.

-Dylan