New member from Poland

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

summitsvift
Finch

New member from Poland

#1 Postby summitsvift » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:29 am

Hi , my name is Lukas, from Poland, age 32 :mrgreen:

Vegan for two years now, switch from meat diet in just one day after having problems with cholesterol and high sugar level in blood. What really motivated me was a Gary Yourovsky youtube video.

Since then I have lost like 12 kg and for the last 6 month I doing gym twice a week , bit of cycling and swimming from time to time. It's not easy since i work a lot and have two kids to look after but I do manage and finally have enough energy to cope :mrgreen:

My diet was based mostly on meat like products at the beginning , but now I try to eat more raw, at least one salad a day , fruits veggies, raw cakes and stuff.. i make my own food ( as the only vegan in my family) mostly buy organic now and make burgers from rice, peas, lentils etc and they really cheap and delicious:-) try to avoid fat, fried and processed food.

I will seek for some advise since I want to push harder and prove my diet to all that doubt me
Here is some pictures of my gym progress about two month ago ( so I bigger now ) :mrgreen:

Qustions
What is the best protein shake for vegans ? at the moment I use Herb Protein and I quite like it
What is the best pre-work out boost , I used to take Jack3D once but it's full of chemicals and could not sleep after it any natural alternative with no sweeteners ?

EdensDemise
Manatee

Re: New member from Poland

#2 Postby EdensDemise » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:55 am

hey :D we are almost near i live in berlin.
anyway you have a great body, and gary as a motivation to become vegan..
for the proteins go to vegan-active.de you will find a loooooooot of proteins supplements and other things for sports and stuff is from germany so it doesnt take a lot
Respect for nature and innocent life, the end of human over human oppression. A peaceful world can evolve after animal liberation.

muchidna
Manatee

#3 Postby muchidna » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:55 am

i recommend buying unflavored pea/rice protein in bulk, the flavored stuff usually has stevia and er... flavorings in it, which dont go well with rice/pea

endcruelty
Elephant

#4 Postby endcruelty » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:58 pm

Yay, another vegan Polak :) I was so surprised to see how vegan friendly Poland has become. Even a tiny village of 2500 where I lived had meat substitutes in a small corner shop.

Where abouts in the motherland are you?

summitsvift
Finch

#5 Postby summitsvift » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:55 am

endcruelty wrote:Yay, another vegan Polak :) I was so surprised to see how vegan friendly Poland has become. Even a tiny village of 2500 where I lived had meat substitutes in a small corner shop.

Where abouts in the motherland are you?

Lodz , center of Poland :zunge:

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#6 Postby C.O. » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:39 pm

Welcome from a Polish-American forum member here, Dude you look young for 32. I'm your age. Must be the diet and exercise, definitely! I personally like Vega products a lot for protien and for pre-workout boosts. I also like hemp protien. What is Herb protien? Is that a brand, or a specific type of herb or a mixture of protiens from several herbs?

endcruelty
Elephant

#7 Postby endcruelty » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:35 pm

summitsvift wrote:Lodz , center of Poland :zunge:

I lived in the Bogatynia area until the age of 6 before moving to Canada :)

C.O. wrote:What is Herb protien? Is that a brand, or a specific type of herb or a mixture of protiens from several herbs?

I assumed he meant iHerb, but I could be wrong.

Return to “Introductions”