Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hi from France !
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:44 am 
Finch

Hi everyone !

I'm a 23-years old girl from Paris, France. I'm a law student and complete sportaholic.
I became vegan in 2009, when I realized my vegetarian diet was still a killing uncompassionate diet.

I'm kind of addicted to my Gym. I have a true love for fitness, and most of all, to Body Attack. I also run, and my very dream is completing an Ironman.

Well... that was before this summer, because I've somehow had a tibial stress fracture. I knew it since may, the MRI confirmed it in july.

No fitness, no running, almost no walking for two months... I decided to use this "no cardio time" to lift weights. And I actually love it. I spent hours on the Internet learning about diet and lifting, and read Robert Cheeke's Vegan Bodybuilding and fitness.

Of course, from 10-15 hours high intensity cardio/week to 2 hours low intensity cardio + lifting... I have build muscles, but also put bodyfat on, since I dit not want to starve myself. I'm ok with it, because I know it will go out of my body when I'll be back in Body Attack and running.

Today I went for a 5 minutes very easy run, and my physio believes I'll be completely ok in october.

I won't stop lifting, and there I am. I'm going to open a "journal" topic, and add my diet, workout, and progress pictures (or maybe should I open another topic for that ? please tell me !).

I would really love to have feedback, and look forward :)

Post subject: Re: Hi from France !
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:32 pm 
VBB Moderator

Welcome Gerbille,

Sounds like you are in the right place here. What is Body Attack? Link me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:00 pm 
Batman

Hey welcome to the forum :)
What's it like eating vegan in paris? I'm going in the new year and have my concerns haha

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:53 am 
Manatee

15 hours high intensity cardio!?! eek

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:50 am 
Rabbit

Hi and welcome.

Healing thoughts for your stress fracture. Whatever you do don't over do it in your recovery phase or you will be back to square one.

I'm looking forward to following your journal :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:54 am 
Finch

Thank you for your warm welcome !

C.O., Body attack is a LesMills class. http://w3.lesmills.com/global/en/classes/bodyattack/about-bodyattack/
It's completely addictive, especially after a day of work, when you want both to have fun and give all the energy you have.

vegan_rossco, never, ever, seat in a random restaurant and say "hey i'm vegan what can I eat". French people obviously think that cheese/meat are part of tradition (you know, french cooking is the very best, etc. etc.).
BUT, there are plenty of vegan or vegan-friendly places to eat or buy food. Feel free to ask more when preparing your trip. :-)

muchidna, i've always been a sporty kid. I need to move, i need to sweat, and i love it. If I don't, I don't sleep either, i'm not able to focus on work... I somehow regret that my job will mostly be a desk job. I think i'm built for outdoor and physical jobs.

DeeVeganDee, thank you so much :-) That 5-minutes thing is so boring, but I try to be patient.

I'm highly overbooked this week, but I'll begin the journal next week :-)