hello

zand0l3t3

Hello all,

I am seeking some good advice on being Veggie and a Soldier in the US ARMY. Now you might ask yourself why am I being veggie? Plain and simple. I was tired of getting sick, and also getting tape after a PT test (Physical Training). Luckily for me, my wife did support the decision of going veggie and the kids seems not to mind. As a matter of fact since we have been veggie my daughter has been having less eczema and her hair started to grow as well as her overall body, I am not a Doctor by any means nor that I am trying to claim the title, but those the things that we have noticed.

We have been veggie for about 6 months now, and my weight had dropped considerably. And I feel lighter, run faster and recover faster after a workout. Less muscle soreness compare to my carnivores friends . The question is this one, why when am I so prone to gain muscle faster in less than a week of weight lifting I gained three and half pound of muscle? I weighted 212 punds on April 8 2013 now I am at 185, my dream is to reach 170 and it seems that 185 is hard to leave behind lol. I guess what I am actually seeking is a good workout plan that can help me loose that belly ( not flat yet but I have a one pack lol), and help with dropping the poundage while remaining lifestyle. Thanks in advance.

N.B: I have attached a copy of my daily workout plan and things that I eat.

Workout plan from Sunday through Friday:

1. 30 mns of Sauna.

2. 28 mns of elliptical.

3. Push up.

4. pull up.

5. Dip.

6. Sit up.

7. Elliptical for another 28 mns of fatburner.

I keep it on fat burner or weight loss for my cardio, but I do include a 3 mile run every other day.

My diet consist of fruit and vegetables, hemp milk, almond butter, oatmeal, trail mix and I watch my calorie intake, I also use the vega products, beta analine and soy shake.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

V/R

Thucy

Hi Thucy, welcome to the community here. Is it hard to be vegetarian in the military? What do the meals that they provide for you normally consist of? Can you request vegetarian meals?

I'm not quite sure what you are in need of help with. It sounds like things are going well for you so far 6 months into it.

You should be able to get the information that you are seeking by doing a little research here on the site. Its always more productive in a forum to ask your questions directly on other people's threads than it is to just post something long and hope the right person reads through it and responds.

Best of luck,

-Dylan