Would love an accountablity buddy :)

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

rreso07
Finch

Would love an accountablity buddy :)

#1 Postby rreso07 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:27 pm

Hi my name is Rachel and I have returned to my vegan diet. Sadly I was tempted by stress and gave into my disgusting eating habits and gained 40 pounds before I realized what I was doing to myself.
I am completely vegan again YAY :D and I will not let my family discourage me this time!

I am however completely knew to weight lifting and would love someone to talk to about it. I am currently reading Robert's book Vegan Body Building & Fitness and I am crazy inspired. I just don't have anyone to talk to about fitness and definitely no one to talk to about vegan fitness. :)

BeansNBroccoli
Manatee

Re: Would love an accountablity buddy :)

#2 Postby BeansNBroccoli » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:14 pm

Welcome to the forums! There's definitely a lot of people here to talk about vegan fitness and fitness in general :) I've found the best thing for accountability for me was to start up a log - that way you've got a record of what you've been doing to look back on and other people can comment to help keep you motivated!
Browse through some forums and start posting a little, you'll find accountability buddies in no time :)

Avantlana
Finch

#3 Postby Avantlana » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:46 pm

Welcome, Rachel! I'm Lana. I am also new to this forum. I joined a couple of months ago but never posted anything until now :)
I know what you feel like! I don't have any vegan friends and definitely no vegans interested in fitness. I've one friend who calls herself vegetarian, but eats fish, and as to fitness, there are only about 5 or 6 ladies in my gym doing weights, including myself. So feeling pretty lonely in my lifestyle...

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#4 Postby C.O. » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:12 pm

Hi Lana and Rachel,
Welcome welcome. I want to echo that, definitely start a training journal. good for you to hold yourself accountable and in a public but supportive group here.

-Dylan

chelsea0jay
Finch

#5 Postby chelsea0jay » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:33 pm

Hey im making the transition into veganism myself. But ive learned a lot about weight training in the last year ive been serious about it. Ive tripled my bench press in a year!!! Im more than happy to give advice if yall have questions. And yall can help me with the vegan food part!

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#6 Postby C.O. » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Did you find some buddies? Where are you located?

Return to “Introductions”