Never trust an ex-vegan...

ragekill15

But I hope you can trust me!

Hi. I have been vegan off and on over the years, and strength training for the past 2 years. For my birthday (tomorrow) I'm giving myself a second chance with the gift of a plant based diet.

I took part in the new you for the new year challenge here in 2012, and really enjoyed the sense of community in this forum. So I'm back!

Any tips to make my transition back into veganism a smooth one?

Welcome back!

Tips: Set measurable short term goals and keep healthy vegan food and snacks around you as much as possible. It will help keep you from cheating and grabbing something convenient and junky.

like this suggestion!

Having been on and then off the wagon (so to speak), I'd say your motivation for going plant based may be different to mine, and whatever. Making the choice, doing your best today, and not beating yourself up should slip ups occur. Human and all that!

A community of supporters (in life or online) can be a huge help. For motivation. For questions. For food or training ideas, etc..

Just emptying out the pantry of the bad stuff and sticking with a good shopping list would be a good start...meals out and stuff can get more tricky and tempting.

Let us know how its going and lets keep this forum engaged!!!!!

First thing I did was clear my kitchen of everything that doesn't fit my new diet. Luckily, I was eating pretty clean before, so the change hasn't been too hard. I'm getting a little bit less protein than I was, but supplementing with Vega in the mornings and post workout.

I'm getting A LOT of fiber. Yesterday I clocked over 100 grams! I feel like this could be too much... What do you guys think?