Newbie from Maryland

fitOsaurus_Rex

hey everyone! my name is Ashley and I'm new to this site. I'm also new to veganism and lifting. I'm sure there's tons of opinions and suggestions out there but I wanted to get answers from the best so here I am I'm not a raw vegan, but to keep myself healthier I limit desserts and treats to raw foods and recipes. Basically I'm trying to lose weight through a vegan and lifting lifestyle and would love thoughts, ideas, suggestions, tips, etc. What's worked for you all and what has failed to work? Anyone with 80/10/10 success? Do you log calories to make sure you're sticking to that percentage or do you just wing it? If you're against 80/10/10 why? If you're for it why?

Hi Ashley, I am new too. I am a firm believer in a no-meat diet. I've spent years trying various diets (Atkins, WW, Nutrisystem, etc) and was never successful until I eliminated meat. I did a slow transition..cut out all red meat & milk first then a couple months later, cut out pork and then chicken and fish. The weight seriously began to melt away. Now had I been working out during this time, I would be in tip top shape today but I didn't do that until now, so I am in the same boat as you..a newbie to working out on a vegan diet, here looking for more info. Sorry I have no advice for you..just wanted to say hello and then some

Hey Ashley welcome to the community here. Try using the search in the upper right hand corner, for key words like weight loss, or 10 10 80.

Also try posting questions directly on other members threads, maybe one question at a time, you'll likely get more responses this way.

-Dylan