New and already have a question

Jay jay

Hi

Thanks for this great site, looking forward to taking part. I'm a bit confused already. I'm really keen to build muscle but also keen to be healthy. Been reading/watching Colin Campbell who advocates staying below 10% dietary intake of protein. However I'm aware if need more than this to build muscle.

Anyone able to alleviate my anxieties?

Thanks in advance.

Jay jay

hi jay jay and welcome. im afraid if you want to build muscle you will have to bump up the protein intake a bit. 10% is fine for general health and even cardio vascular exercise but it isnt as good for weight training if you want good results. its quite easy to get protein on a vegan diet whilst staying healthy though, have a look through peoples journals to get some ideas. there is all kinds of "rules" for protein intake such as 1g per lb of bodyweight, 1g per kilo of bodyweight and so on but i prefer to just make sure i have 5 high protein meals a day a couple of them being shakes. someone will stop by with more detail than this i would imagine but i dont like complicating my eating with numbers, hope this is of some help.

Hey Elephant

Great thanks for that. I guess the question that follows is whether I start consuming that amount of protein immediately or whether I build up to that, considering i've not much muscle yet.

My current target is to lose fat but build muscle. I'll read more on here and perhaps put my stats etc and hopefully get some good pointers.

Thanks again.

Jay