Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri May 22, 2015 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nem member, lots of questions
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:32 am 
Finch

Hey everyone. I'm kinda new to this whole vegan lifestyle. I'm actually a vegan only the last 6 months, but I do plan on keeping it. My major problem though is that I used to be obese (135kg) and after a major weight loss (I lost about 70 kg, and I now weight 64kg) I decided it's time to deal with the rest since until now I was like I can't move, how am I suppose to exercise? Well now that's not a problem and I want to take the exercise and eating habbits as seriously as possible. Now that I achieved the weight that I want and the eating habbits, I want to deal with the exercise. Since I'm a total noob around those things though I hope to solve all those questions that I have in here, and with your help to achieve my goal.

I'm glad I've joined you :D

Post subject: Re: Nem member, lots of questions
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:00 am 
Finch

Hey Nandia,

Congratulations on your weight loss. So now you are looking to get into improved shape but do you have an idea of what you would like to achieve?

I am pretty new to this forum myself but I am sure if you search around there would be some beginer programs. If you are completely new to weight training then a good place to start could be the book "Starting Strength" to learn some of the most important lifts. It would probably be a good idea to get a trainer or train with friend who can help to teach you the basics of strength training and weight lifting.

Post subject: Re: Nem member, lots of questions
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:35 am 
Finch

Exactly what you said! I want to improve my shape but I have no idea about the how. I've read a few threads around here but it seems like chaos to me. I literally don't know where to begin from and unfortunately there are no friends involved in such things....
I've thought about getting a trainer but the prices are a bit too much for me, so I wanna see what I can achieve with my own research around the internet :P

Thank you very much for your congrats, and your advice about the book. I will check it out :)