Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hello from SoCal
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:41 pm 
Finch

Hello everyone,

I have been a vegan for 4 months now, and several months as a vegetarian previously. I have been running for a couple years now and have managed to lose 60lbs and get my BMI into the "healthy" zone, so now I am looking to tone my body. I joined a gym yesterday in hopes that I can get into shape and gain some muscle. I am still trying to figure out how to successfully eat a balanced vegan diet- something I continue to research every day. Summer is approaching and it would be so great to not feel self conscious for the first time in my life. I'm looking forward to sharing thoughts and experience with others of the same mindset, and hopefully without the "you're a sissy, if you don't eat meat you're going to turn into a girl, you'll never gain any muscle is you don't eat steak" etc.

Mark

Post subject: Re: Hello from SoCal
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:41 am 
Manatee

2014 and people still think that meat is the only protein source in the world, these people should open a nutrition book..
i wouldnt give you advices about how much and how to eat since i am bulking and i dont count my caloric intake.
but i found this diet program it looks nice http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page= ... ionprogram but i guess if you make cardio and weightlifting this would be ok.
give veganism and strength programs a chance and in one year you will slap all those meathead that use sexist words like sissy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:59 pm 
Finch

Right on, thanks for the link and encouragement.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:47 pm 
VBB Moderator

Hey Mark! Welcome to the community here. Once you get the facts and the information those uninformed meat heads just sounds ignorant. Glad you found us. Keep pushin'!

-Dylan