Jonathan Rasmus

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

jonathanrasmus
Finch

Jonathan Rasmus

#1 Postby jonathanrasmus » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:23 am

Hi,

My name is Jonathan Groot and I come from Norway/Holland. I am currently studying in the beautiful city of Copenhagen, Denmark. I am just about done with a Bachelor's in Global Health and Nutrition and hope to use my credentials to promote a message of public health on plants.

I have been a vegan for a little over 3 years and started to train seriously about at the same time...a little before. I have been fairly consistent with working out the past few years, but have not really stuck with a good program and trained intensely. So, my main goal is to put on some muscle mass while staying lean, and increase my strength.

Right now I can squat 120 kgs for 2 by 4 reps, but hope to increase that to 140 at least. I have deadlifted 150 kgs for 2 reps, and would love to get up to 180 for 1 rep.

My main goal is to put on about 5 kgs of muscle though. Not much, but I have always struggled with a correct approach and sticking with it. Any tips and help are always welcome.

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Re: Jonathan Rasmus

#2 Postby C.O. » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi Jonathan, welcome to the group! Yeah that's a solid goal. Definitely will take some work but definitely obtainable short term.

-Dylan

jonathanrasmus
Finch

#3 Postby jonathanrasmus » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:12 am

Thanks C.O. I don't mind putting in the work! :) For the next month I will be trying to put on some muscle. Later I can increase my strength a bit more.

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#4 Postby C.O. » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:19 pm

Nice, sounds like a good plan!

Return to “Introductions”