Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Baby Vegan wants to compete
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:04 pm 
Finch

Hello Everyone!
I am a baby vegan (little over a year now) and I have lost 70 pounds through a well balanced diet, juicing, and a great workout routine (in the past 3 years). I am now at a point where I really want to turn my fitness and health up a notch to prove to myself that there is more I can do. I do not necessarily want to be a body builder, but I would like to do a bikini competition. I have never been able to wear a two piece bathing suit because I have always had this tummy. Even after losing 70 pounds, I still have a belly. Now, I know that is all nutrition. If I can be honest....well...I STILL LIKE TO EAT...ugggh I love food!! and now that I'm vegan I get to eat all these awesome yummy foods. LOL. With that being said, I have not gained any of my weight back, but I really really really want to get rid of this belly and that is why I am here. I need nutritional advice first and then training advice. Would anyone be willing to help me along in this journey!!?? I am on Facebook: Shanna McCormick or IG @jusDfiedRED7. Right now I think my waist is a 33. I would like to get it down to 25/26.

Thank you!!

Shanna

P.S. I want to stay as close to raw food as possible. I do plant based protein and am open to it, just need guidance! Thank you!

Attachments:
File comment: just one of my transformation photos!
shanna.jpg
shanna.jpg [ 87.96 KiB | Viewed 660 times ]

Post subject: Re: Baby Vegan wants to compete
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:55 pm 
VBB Moderator

Congrats on the transformation, you look great.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:36 am 
Finch

Hey Shanna,

Welcome and congratulations on your progress so far!

Ultimately I think loosing extra body fat will come down to having a small caloric deficit. You could possibly put all of your food you eat in a day into Cronometer and figure out how many calories you are consuming. Then use an online calculator for calorie deficits to work out how much you need to eat to loose some fat mass. Then just adjust your food down a little and/or add some more exercise to have a small manageable deficit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:55 pm 
VBB Moderator

How have things been going for you so far? Getting good stuff out of this website?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:44 pm 
Finch

I am in the same boat as you! I am also a new vegan (Sept. 2013) and I am looking to compete in my first competition too. I plan on doing high carb low fat raw as much as I can, but like you, I still need to lose a bit of my belly.

Good luck to you and I hope to see you on that stage very soon!!!