New to the forum

AZvegan

Hi all,

My name is Bill, I've been weight lifting for about 2 years now and I have been vegan for a little over 3 years. I ate as a vegetarian for about 5 years before that. I only just starting putting on muscle the last few weeks or so because I realized that form is more important than weight around that time. My goal is to add muscle and lose fat (around my gut). I have lost a lot of fat but I have seemed to stop losing lately; not really sure why.

I look forward to meeting people on this forum and learn new tips and ideas.

Hi Bill. Well done on losing a lot of fat. However, as you can tell, losing fat initially is pretty easy as soon as you streamline your eating habits and start doing a little exercise as compared to none. It starts getting difficult and forms a plateau once you get rid of the easy fat.

To lose the fat around the gut and lower back, in my experience, you could try fasted cardio. Keep in mind that the intensity of this has to be average to low and not on the higher end. You don't want to be setting yourself up for muscle loss either so keep it a light, breezy running session every morning, and you should be able to feel the results after a week itself. Good luck

prsaraogi, I do know I am lacking in the cardio area. Probably because I don't want to lose any of the muscle that I put on. Silly thinking, isn't it? Thanks for the advice and I will start to add some cardio; maybe some jump roping after my weight lifting or something like that.

prsaraogi, I do know I am lacking in the cardio area. Probably because I don't want to lose any of the muscle that I put on. Silly thinking, isn't it? Thanks for the advice and I will start to add some cardio; maybe some jump roping after my weight lifting or something like that.

A diet with the proper protein intake and good carbs will limit the amount of muscle loss during exercise. If you want to lose belly fat, cardio would definitely be a good starting point. I find that cycling is great cardio and the fact that your arms, shoulders and legs are the transmission, suspension and engine on a bike it also help to strengthen your entire body in the process, as opposed to running. Ive always noticed my forearms and shoulders feel worked out after a nice long ride over some hills, not to mention my legs of course. Keeping your stomach tense during a ride reeeeeeeally tightens your abs as well.

• 4 weeks later...