Kia Ora from New Zealand

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

meanragga
Finch

Kia Ora from New Zealand

#1 Postby meanragga » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:51 am

Hey everyone!

I have been vegan for over 4 years and have just started working out at the gym. Does anyone here have any advice for a newbie like me?

Looking for tips on nutrition and a work out plan also. I have been going 4-5 times a week and been having protein shakes most days that I have been working out as well. I have a pretty high metabolism and am 6'4 and 65kg so am worried about loosing weight although its pretty steady.

Any advice would be great! Keen to learn more!

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Re: Kia Ora from New Zealand

#2 Postby C.O. » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:43 am

Hi, hit up fellow kiwi mini fork lift and also check out robert cheeke's book vegan bodybuilding and fitness.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

#3 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:04 pm

meanragga wrote:Hey everyone!

I have been vegan for over 4 years and have just started working out at the gym. Does anyone here have any advice for a newbie like me?

Looking for tips on nutrition and a work out plan also. I have been going 4-5 times a week and been having protein shakes most days that I have been working out as well. I have a pretty high metabolism and am 6'4 and 65kg so am worried about loosing weight although its pretty steady.

Any advice would be great! Keen to learn more!

Welcome to the forum, it's great have you here buddy ~ where in NZ are you from?

Kia kaha MF.

meanragga
Finch

#4 Postby meanragga » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Hey buddy! Its cool to see a fellow kiwi on here! I'm from Auckland. I see that you're down in Christchurch! Feeling the cold? Haha.

Any advice for me? I am keen to be efficient from the start.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

#5 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:49 am

Yeah, it's freezing at the moment. Lots of rain too, pah. Did you get much damage from that big storm you guys had a week or two ago ~ looked pretty bad on the news?

I'm just heading out, will post some diet stuff when I have a little more time. I'll message you my number too, so feel free to give me a call. Always neat to speak to people from here!

Chur chur MF.

meanragga
Finch

#6 Postby meanragga » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:55 pm

Hey Mini Forklift,

Its been almost a year (wow) and I have been up and down with training.. Stuck with it for the last couple of months and seeing progress so I think that I'm back on track.

Just wondering if you have a Facebook page or something that we could connect on?

Thanks,
Ed

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

#7 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:11 pm

Good to see you found me :wink:

Return to “Introductions”