Long overdue intro

kelley

Hi everyone, I'll try and keep this concise. I found out about this forum from compassionategirl (who, by the way, rocks!) and have posted a few messages here and there. I became vegan this past February-ish, don't remember exact dates. I am not into body building per se, however I am very into fitness, and I am also a salsa dancer and have performed in my hometown of Rochester, NY as well as in Toronto.

I am mainly here to meet other vegans who are into fitness and who understand my feelings towards animals. I also want to learn more about nutrition, since I am completely inconsistent when it comes to getting the nutrients I need. Sometimes I am very good about eating well, other times not so much! Mostly, however, I "dont' know what I don't know" and want to learn what I can about things I might be doing wrong without knowing it.

Hi everyone!

Compash is one of my favorites, I'm glad she pointed you here.

I have family from Rochester, they love it there, although I think they have a funny accent, and they think the same of me (that's ment in a teasing/loving manner).

Welcome!

Welcome Kelley! Thanks for saying hello. Yes, compassionategirl does rock, I'm glad you were able to connect with her and find your way here.

There are a lot of us who don't know what we don't know and we all learn from each other. It works well that way. I don't know much about total raw food eating, or powerlifting for example. But here I learn a lot more about each one. I have a pretty good grasp on the general vegan lifestyle and bodybuilding, but there is so much I'm learning all the time.

I'm sure many of us feel that way.

Welcome aboard and have fun!