74-year old vegan beginning bodybuilding

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Maggiemae
Finch

74-year old vegan beginning bodybuilding

#1 Postby Maggiemae » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:18 am

Ernestine Shepherd and Kelly Nelson (deceased) are my inspiration. I am finally going to work with a trainer as although I know a lot about bodybuilding, I haven't been very consistent and haven't gotten anywhere with it. I've always been very physical and now find myself sitting at a computer (standing also at the raised keyboard) much of 5 days a week. I have my own in-house typing/secretarial business and have a lot of work every day. I've always loved lifting weights and love going to a gym. If there are any female bodybuilders in their 60s and 70s, I would love to know who are. If not, I have Ernestine Shepherd to emulate.

There is a lot I need to find out about diet. Being a vegan, I'm not sure about all this protein vegan bodybuilders are supposed to consume. Since Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn and Dr. T. Colin Campbell approve of "Shred It" it must be safe to consume a larger amount of protein than 80-10-10

I have a lot to learn and I look forward to reading posts to get good ideas here.

Kathy Cromartie (Atlanta, Georgia)

viva_vanessa
Finch

Re: 74-year old vegan beginning bodybuilding

#2 Postby viva_vanessa » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:07 pm

I think starting bodybuilding at 74 makes you quite the inspiration! Good Luck!!
-------------------
My two favorite people alive are Beyonce and my dog <3

Lalo
Finch

#3 Postby Lalo » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:58 pm

You are definitely an inspiration and I can't wait to let my father know about you, he is 68 years old, new to veganos and going to the gym (not bodybuilding, though), he's weight trained on and off since he was a teenager.

Maggiemae
Finch

#4 Postby Maggiemae » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:50 am

Your father is really doing great going to the gym. I bet he looks younger than his age! I think it's wonderful he's becoming a vegan. You'll now be able to feel confident about his health since eating meat causes so much disease.

My trainer isn't a vegan. He has a great body and has never trained anyone who is a vegan. I'm going to be able to show him that I can build muscle without animal protein.

jek83
Rabbit

#5 Postby jek83 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:29 pm

Wow, respect!!! :)

Recio
Rabbit

#6 Postby Recio » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:51 pm

Props!! Keep it up

shobhituva
Finch

#7 Postby shobhituva » Tue May 03, 2016 3:10 am

Maggiemae wrote:Ernestine Shepherd and Kelly Nelson (deceased) are my inspiration. I am finally going to work with a trainer as although I know a lot about bodybuilding, I haven't been very consistent and haven't gotten anywhere with it. I've always been very physical and now find myself sitting at a computer (standing also at the raised keyboard) much of 5 days a week. I have my own in-house typing/secretarial business and have a lot of work every day. I've always loved lifting weights and love going to a gym. If there are any female bodybuilders in their 60s and 70s, I would love to know who are. If not, I have Ernestine Shepherd to emulate.

There is a lot I need to find out about diet. Being a vegan, I'm not sure about all this protein vegan bodybuilders are supposed to consume. Since Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn and Dr. T. Colin Campbell approve of "Shred It" it must be safe to consume a larger amount of protein than 80-10-10

I have a lot to learn and I look forward to reading posts to get good ideas here.

Kathy Cromartie (Atlanta, Georgia)

Hi I am 26 years old and my inspiration is Anant Ambani..The son of millioniare Mukesh Ambani..What a body he's gained after the weight loss of 108KG..Truly amazing.This guy has shown us nothing is impossible if you are determined towards your goal...
Mynahcare - Men's Health | Weight loss remedies | Home Remedies

shobhituva
Finch

#8 Postby shobhituva » Tue May 03, 2016 10:23 pm

If you guys do not know about Anant Ambani, see this article - http://mynahcare.com/national/unbelievable-here-is-how-anant-ambani-lost-108-kg-in-just-18-months2/
:popcorn:
Mynahcare - Men's Health | Weight loss remedies | Home Remedies

Return to “Introductions”