Need Advice, Struggling with Body

Crouton

Hi everyone.

I'm a 25 year old girl who was vegetarian for 10 years and have been vegan for the past 4 months. I am overweight, and struggle a lot with food and body issues. I want to lose weight and gain lean muscle very badly, but I have a lot of physical limitations which get me down and make it hard for me to motivate myself.

I've got a disorder which means I have bad joints, in particular, my hips and knees are pretty bad. And my back and neck which in turn connect to my hands and wrists are also very weak. This condition means that almost every day I have some form of pain, it just varies from day to day. Sometimes even just typing on a keyboard or even holding a knife and fork for a long time to eat can be very painful.

I've also had doctors tell me I can under no circumstances do squats, push ups, breaststroke (swimming), lower body Pilates and a whole range of other things.

Even after 4 months of vegan I haven't been able to lose weight, I think I'm the only fat vegan I know. Hopefully I can get some tips and advice, and most importantly, motivation here to work with my limitations instead of letting them hold me back and finally reach my goals.

Its not hard to be a "fat Vegan" my vegan take away shop that i go to is full of bad food. Maybe you need more raw food in your diet? I went Vegan 4 months ago and the bad fat literally dropped off me. Everything I now eat is raw (besides my cheat meal) Peas, un salted nuts, Spinach leaves, Sweet & white potato. If you really want to loose weight pay for a Vegan online PT they are well worth the $$$ you may not love the food or look forward to any of your meals but no bodybuilder or fitness competitor really does as we eat for body image not taste.

• 1 month later...

I actually don't exercise anymore since becoming vegan as I tend to loose to much size (trying to be big) i know how that sounds but its winter here and ill wait for summer to start again, however, my girl is a PT and does not exercise either and has found that lifting weights keeps her thin as she does high reps to keep the heart rate up. When she was competing for her ifbb bikini comp she did sprints on a treadmill first thing in the morning on a empty stomach as this burns a huge amount of fat.... 1 minute sprint 1 minute rest but thats not for everyone she did have to build up to that amount of sprinting but the weight fell off in about a month and she was comp ready. All those girls you see on stage though are pretty unhealthy as there body fat is far to low so dont go to that extreme just get to the body that you want and they all did it by damn hard work as well you will cry get depressed, and want to quit but once you see your plump bum in the mirror you will know it was worth it.