Hello, Vegan Candidate Here

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

sbonn
Finch

Hello, Vegan Candidate Here

#1 Postby sbonn » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:51 am

Hello :)

Not sure if I'm an appropriate audience for this forum, but since it seems mostly positive I'm hoping I'll be allowed to lurk on the edge. :)

I was vegan for five years as teenage athlete and now as an adult in my thirties, I'm decidedly non-athletic, riddled with health problems, and question myself every time I put an animal product in my mouth. I see vegetarians and vegans at work and find myself considering returning to veganism more and more.

So I'm taking the plunge. I hope to learn lots from you all and to improve my health. I have a considerable amount of weight to lose - I'm in the 100+ club.

Question for all you veterans out there: If I wanted to stick to a 1200 calorie diet distributed 50-30-20 carbs-fat-protein, but was sensitive to a limited time and financial resources, what might you recommend? I'm happily simplistic, I can eat the same thing every day without too much dissatisfaction.

VeganBadass_CO
Manatee

Re: Hello, Vegan Candidate Here

#2 Postby VeganBadass_CO » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:51 am

Hi!!!! More to come tomorrow...gotta get to bed as almost midnight.

Boards mysteriously quiet lately, but I'll help!! till tomorrow...

Your carbs/fat/protein ratios ring as a macro-phile (my own word!), but it's good...a helpful bit of info would be to know your ultimate objectives? Weight gain/loss/sustain with improvements in health, etc.....and what is your current fitness project?

Thanks!

sbonn
Finch

Re: Hello, Vegan Candidate Here

#3 Postby sbonn » Fri May 20, 2016 2:34 pm

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry for not responding sooner! Things got so busy at work that I forgot I even posted until I checked my personal email for the first time in over a month.

Rather than a macrophile (it's a great word!), I'm a -- balance-phile? I'm big into just keeping things simple and well-balanced with a preferable positive outcome.

My immediate goal is to lose weight, but it's a lot of weight to lose and will take a year or more. I have weight- and probably diet-related issues, too, that will hopefully clean up with weight loss and a lifestyle change. My ultimate goal is to feel healthy, clean, balanced, and at peace with my footprint in the world. :)

Return to “Introductions”