Tired of being fat!

Marshmallow

Hello from Ohio,

I am 28 years old 6'0 280lbs.

I have been overweight my entire life and i am finally done.

I want to get into fighting shape and also live as long as possible.

My true ideal is to be 6pack,huge arms shredded.

I have been looking into juicing,vegitarian,vegan lifestyles for months now and to be honest it's all alien to my Burger filled mind.

I know I'm finally ready to make the plunge honestly because last night I made my family my world famous spaghetti, I had a salad.

I have a wealth of questions:

I work on the go(driver), can I use meal replacement shakes ext. Sun warrior?

I really need someone to help me out to get a diet that goes with my life style. I need to understand pre/post workouts, acceptable/adiguate meals.

I am not in love with food anymore. I honestly would just do meal replacement shakes 24/7. Is that even possible?

I don't have time for breakfast, I'm on the road all day so if it's healthy I'm going to have to take it with me.

I will be working out daily after work.

I know this is quite the rant but I'm ready to get started and I need help it's been keeping me up at night for about a week(as you can tell by this 4AM post)

Thank you all for any assistance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm from OH too

Firstly, if you're feeling overwhelmed, I think it's okay to start out with some meal replacement shakes/protein shakes, but I wouldn't use those all day. Do you have the opportunity to meal prep at all? It seems like it would be beneficial to get a coach at least for diet. I'd do some research and contact some vegan friendly diet coaches online and go from there. OR, if you don't feel ready for that, maybe start slow by tracking what you're eating on My Fitness Pal, and trying to drink more water (a gallon/day is a good start)

• 1 month later...

You hate yourself for getting into such bad shape in the first place, and nothing you seem to do is getting you everywhere. You’ve tried diet after diet and nothing seems to stick. They all seem too hard and so you end up in an emotional eating cycle where you just continue to eat.

You know you need to do something about it, you know you will feel better if you do something about it, and you know it will help improve your health as well.

• 3 months later...

It is great to hear you are taking control of your health! Here are some tips on getting shredded abs and big arms while on a vegan diet. You need to make sure you're getting enough protein (at least 1gram of protein per pound of bodyweight). Going vegan does make it slightly more difficult to custom tailor your macros to higher protein to shred down but it is still very do able. Your whole food protein sources are going to be black beans, lentils, chick peas, split peas, etc. There are also good meat imitations out there. There are also bad meat imitations out there. Be mindful of the nutrition facts on the fake meats to make sure they're not loaded with fat and also check the protein source. Stay away from soy! Since the main vegan food protein sources still come with a lot of carbs (beans and split peas have a 1:2 or 1:3 Protein to Carbs ratio), you DEFINITELY want a good vegan protein shake powder. Especially since you are always on the road and need convenience. There are tons of plant based protein powders on the market these days. However, almost all of them are garbage or are inferior to whey protein. They don't have the gram for gram protein concentration and amino acid profile as whey. They don't have the PDCAAS (protein digestibility corrected amino acid score) as whey. They don't have the gram for gram BCAA (branched chain amino acids) and Glutamine as whey. However, there is ONE exception. Real Pro Life Nutrition just launched recently and they are the ONLY vegan shake as good as whey. They lead in the industry in gram for gram protein concentration. If you're serious about getting ripped and building muscle, I HIGHLY recommend Real Pro Life Nutrition's ultra premium plant based protein.

To get shredded I would maintain a 1:1 or 1:2 Protein to Carbs ratio in my diet. Minimize fats. Do an hour of empty stomach cardio each day (treadmill, elliptical, jogging, etc). Then of course lift 4-5 days per week. Make sure you're hitting every muscle group once per week with 4 different exercises with 4 sets (12-6 reps depending on which set) to failure on each set. Going into detail for exact workouts and how to do them would take forever. But there are plenty of good workout regimens post online on forums and bodybuilding sites and magazines all over. Good luck!