Hello, I'm a dedicated vegan and NPC hopeful

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

justagirl
Finch

Hello, I'm a dedicated vegan and NPC hopeful

#1 Postby justagirl » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:34 pm

Hello,

You can call me Clare. I've been fully vegan since February 2015, though I dabbled with it on and off as a teenager. Eating animals just never felt quite right to me, and I was at least vegetarian whenever I could get away with it growing up. Now that I'm a married mother of one and do all the grocery shopping, vegan is my lifestyle!

My interests besides being mom to a very cute vegan baby include hiking, watching comedy shows with my husband, helping at a breastfeeding support group, chilling with my pets (6 rats, 1 dog, and a leopard gecko), working for a food coop, finishing my undergraduate degree, studying for the GRE, playing guitar, painting, and of course going to the gym.

I used to be a cardio fanatic (I find running and biking meditative), but I started lifting with my husband after my son was born because I had basically 0 arm strength. I wanted to be able to carry my son around without feeling like a weakling. I also started training my legs and back to help with some other posture and chronic back pain issues (which probably stem from my terrible posture). Anyway, I started seeing results fairly quickly which was encouraging. Almost 1 year later I'm down a pant size without even trying and without losing any weight (I was 123 and 5'6.5" so weight loss was not the goal. I went from a size 3 to a 1).

I have had non-vegan friends panticipate in NPC Bikini competitions, and I'm fascinated by the few vegan competitors I've read about online. I have seen how successful vegans can be at bodybuilding through famous examples like Deni Kirkova and through my own modest progress in the gym. So here I am ready to learn more and get tips from people who aren't going to scold me for eschewing animal products. ;)

Looking forward to reading and learning more.

mrbear666
Elephant

Re: Hello, I'm a dedicated vegan and NPC hopeful

#2 Postby mrbear666 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:36 am

Hey welcome to the forum, are you going to start a training journal ? they are the most popular ways for people to communicate on here :D
"iam the strongest one! iam the viking!" - jon pall sigmarsson
“may all of your dreams and ambitions happen, but most important, may all of your enemies die"
www.infowars.com

justagirl
Finch

#3 Postby justagirl » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:47 pm

I believe I will! Journaling is my motivation tool of choice Nyway.

Joyvilla
Finch

#4 Postby Joyvilla » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:26 pm

Hi! I just competed in NPC bikini as an 11 year vegan and my next show is out 1! U can do it!!

Return to “Introductions”