Hello, I'm a dedicated vegan and NPC hopeful

justagirl

Hello,

You can call me Clare. I've been fully vegan since February 2015, though I dabbled with it on and off as a teenager. Eating animals just never felt quite right to me, and I was at least vegetarian whenever I could get away with it growing up. Now that I'm a married mother of one and do all the grocery shopping, vegan is my lifestyle!

My interests besides being mom to a very cute vegan baby include hiking, watching comedy shows with my husband, helping at a breastfeeding support group, chilling with my pets (6 rats, 1 dog, and a leopard gecko), working for a food coop, finishing my undergraduate degree, studying for the GRE, playing guitar, painting, and of course going to the gym.

I used to be a cardio fanatic (I find running and biking meditative), but I started lifting with my husband after my son was born because I had basically 0 arm strength. I wanted to be able to carry my son around without feeling like a weakling. I also started training my legs and back to help with some other posture and chronic back pain issues (which probably stem from my terrible posture). Anyway, I started seeing results fairly quickly which was encouraging. Almost 1 year later I'm down a pant size without even trying and without losing any weight (I was 123 and 5'6.5" so weight loss was not the goal. I went from a size 3 to a 1).

I have had non-vegan friends panticipate in NPC Bikini competitions, and I'm fascinated by the few vegan competitors I've read about online. I have seen how successful vegans can be at bodybuilding through famous examples like Deni Kirkova and through my own modest progress in the gym. So here I am ready to learn more and get tips from people who aren't going to scold me for eschewing animal products.

Looking forward to reading and learning more.

• 2 weeks later...