Hi

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

wanna_be_vegan
Finch

Hi

#1 Postby wanna_be_vegan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:36 pm

Hi I'm new. I'm been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for about almost 4 years but, I still had ate some sweets. Now I think I would like to become a vegan to stand up for animals rights. SO is there anyone on here who will help me become a vegan.

veganpotter

vegan???

#2 Postby veganpotter » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:28 pm

Everyone here will help you become vegan :D Just ask whatever is on your mind...we normally have to go way out of our way to turn people vegan so its a very pleasant suprise when someone actually comes to you, so thanks so much for your interest!!!

SeaSiren
Elephant

#3 Postby SeaSiren » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:29 pm

Welcome! :)

robert
Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:49 am

Welcome to the group!

Great to have you here. I know you'll enjoy your time here, meet some awesome people and learn tons of great information about vegan athletics.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

VeganGirl2006
Gorilla

#5 Postby VeganGirl2006 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:59 am

Hi and welcome! :)
Courtney

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

Richard
Site Admin

#6 Postby Richard » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:16 am

Yahr dude we'll help you become vegan, I think the main thing is just wanting to, because if you want to and have a good reason for it, then everything makes sense and won't be complicated or a chore, it'll just be achieving what you want in your change. Let us know what help you need, and welcome to the forum

flanders77
Elephant

#7 Postby flanders77 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:50 am

Welcome aboard! I hope you can soon change your name :wink:
Bigbwii wrote:The force is strong on the fruity side.....

http://www.david-schulz.com
Life Science
Got Milk?

lelle
Elephant

#8 Postby lelle » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:11 pm

howdy :)
becoming a vegan is the best choice you can make, for yourself AND the animals!

FormicaLinoleum
Elephant

#9 Postby FormicaLinoleum » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:35 pm

Richard wrote:Yahr dude we'll help you become vegan, I think the main thing is just wanting to, because if you want to and have a good reason for it, then everything makes sense and won't be complicated or a chore, it'll just be achieving what you want in your change. Let us know what help you need, and welcome to the forum

I totally agree. I had a period when I was "becoming" vegan and it dragged on for a long time and it seemed like being vegan was difficult. Then one day I was like "screw this 'becoming' vegan crap, I now am a vegan' and once I made that decision it was so easy and straighforward.
My 2012 Training Log

Richard
Site Admin

#10 Postby Richard » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:35 am

Yeah I went through a period of about 6 months or so where I was like 'well veganism seems like what I should be doing, but I don't know much about it' so it was just like, put off and I didn't do it. Then one day I just said 'I know veganism is right, so I'm just going to do it - do what I think is right'. And so if you're just doing what you think is right, then your actions are dictated by this and you don't need to worry. You find out more information sure, but the idea is the same, you think about doing an action, and with the information you have, you decide if you think it's right or wrong, and if it's wrong you don't do it.

Last of the Sane
Manatee

#11 Postby Last of the Sane » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:27 pm

Welcome! You'll be a vegan in no time! :wink:

Sacco
Integrity defines strength.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell

loveliberate
Elephant

#12 Postby loveliberate » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:46 pm

Hello & Welcome! :D

Matt
Gorilla

#13 Postby Matt » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:22 am

Welcome!
FormicaLinoleum wrote:I totally agree. I had a period when I was "becoming" vegan and it dragged on for a long time and it seemed like being vegan was difficult. Then one day I was like "screw this 'becoming' vegan crap, I now am a vegan' and once I made that decision it was so easy and straighforward.
haha...I did exactly the same thing.

For me what helped was continually educating myself. I'm still reading books, looking for online stories and materials, asking questions, watching videos, etc. I pick up something new almost daily which inspires me more to know I made the right decision and that it's not difficult after all.
Matt Norwood
I'm was there, now I'm here.

veganbarbie
Rabbit

#14 Postby veganbarbie » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:58 am

All you need is the book "Skinny Bitch". After 10 minutes with that book I was vegan, and I think the whole world should read that book!!

Good Luck. :)
Later bitches.

Crash
Elephant

#15 Postby Crash » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:08 pm

Welcome ! 8)
Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

Return to “Introductions”