Hello

Carat

Hello everyone. I am totally new to vegan bodybuilding and I hope to learn a lot here. I don't know much about being vegan as I am in the process of making the transition. I'm stuck on the idea that bodybuilders need so much protein....it is really hard to get past that since so many keep telling me at least 165 g a day for my stats. I struggle to reach that limit.

I am 46, female, 5'7" and 138 lbs. My bf is around 20%. I've been carb cycling on a traditional diet and can't stand having to take on so much protein and fat. My diet right now is 20-45-35 on low days. High days are every 3 days. I'm at 1580 Cal a day and 2100 Cal for high days. I use myfitnesspal to log my daily macros. My lifting is a 4 day split. Cardio at least twice a week.

I've been serious about bodybuilding almost 2 yrs now. I had my thyroid removed several years ago and my metabolism is kind of slow which makes it more difficult to shed fat. I keep a lot of fat up top with lean lower body.

Right now, I'm still on some meat to get my protein numbers. I hate chicken and pork, so I eat cod and some grass feed beef. I eat Greek yogurt and cheese to get my protein, too. And whey. No eggs, no milk. The rest is fresh vegetables and some fruit (not much because of the carbs). I hope to get off meat completely in a couple weeks. I just need to learn more about vegan lifestyle for bodybuilders.

I look forward to the journey.

I have Dr. Fuhrmans Eat to Live book and cookbook and Shred It (just started reading this week).