Vegan Newbie Here

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Kona72
Finch

Vegan Newbie Here

#1 Postby Kona72 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:22 pm

Hi there,

My name is Kona. I live in Portland, Oregon. I have intermittently begun eating vegan or the last couple of weeks and feel ready to make a longer term commitment to it. I have been reluctant thus far in my life to be vegan. Historically I have been a really hard gainer in terms of muscle mass and have feared that without eating meat, gaining muscle would be even more difficult. I have no aspirations to be a bodybuilder, but would love to "thicken up" a bit. I have switched my workouts up a bit over the last one to two months, logging and monitoring more workouts and making sure I increase my volume weekly in one form or another (increased set, weights, reps, etc..). In addition, I have begun doing more compound lifts like squats and deadlifts. All and all, I feel like I'm seeing some results.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to being a part of the forum. I welcome any lifting or dietary advice anyone is open to offer, particularly around any necessary supplementation (protein, vitamins) I may need with this new lifestyle

mrbear666
Elephant

Re: Vegan Newbie Here

#2 Postby mrbear666 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:15 am

welcome Kona, with a good diet vegan can build muscle just as good as anyone :)
"iam the strongest one! iam the viking!" - jon pall sigmarsson
“may all of your dreams and ambitions happen, but most important, may all of your enemies die"
www.infowars.com

Return to “Introductions”