Vegan Skateboarder from Chicago!

veganskate

Hey there everyone!

I'm new to being Vegan and started a few days ago. I joined this board to make sure I can keep on top of my fitness as I change my diet. I figured that I changed my diet for health reasons (with a plus of not harming animals), why not take the most advantage and gain some more muscle out of it?

Just to give everyone an idea; I'm a pretty small dude. I'm only 5' 4" and weight about 120lbs. I get all of my cardio and leg workout from skateboarding. I skate once or twice a week for 4+ hours to the point where basically I can wring sweat out of my shirt...

I've been going to the gym for the past month and focusing on weight training, biceps, triceps, shoulders, back. I go every M,W,F and rest the other days or use the other days for skateboarding. I have noticed that my shoulders and back have gotten significantly stronger and I know longer have lower back pain from working and sitting in the office.

The question that I have in mind since I'm new to all of this (body building/vegan), I am having a hard time figuring out what to eat pre and post workout. Goal is to look cut and NOT bulky beefy muscle.

I currently don't even eat a lot to begin with. (may or may not be a problem). I don't have time to eat breakfast; so that gets skipped. Then for lunch, I have two peanut clif bars and a fruit (banana, apple, etc); then dinner is tossed up either I have some vegetable stir fry or something of that nature.

Let me know any thoughts and suggestions! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Good job being vegan. It's liberating!! One thing I realized when I started my prep was I wasn't eating enough and my coach increased my caloric intake which jump started my fat burning. From what you're telling me is it seems you may not be either. I am not a nutritionist or a personal trainer, fyi.

Good job being vegan. It's liberating!! One thing I realized when I started my prep was I wasn't eating enough and my coach increased my caloric intake which jump started my fat burning. From what you're telling me is it seems you may not be either. I am not a nutritionist or a personal trainer, fyi.