Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:28 pm 
Manatee

Welcome! Great profession you are entering, I just finished my EMT but am now thinking about nursing school. I just loved my ER internships!

ADD ME AS A MYSPACE FRIEND!
http://www.myspace.com/madeinoregon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:51 pm 
Rabbit

HAHAHA, Im not entering, Im already a nurse.. Let me tell you one thing.. STAY THE HECK OUTTA HEALTH CARE. It's awful, and it's going downhill fast. Just my 2 cents

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:26 pm 
Elephant

OK, you got my curiousity up - Why should people stay out of healthcare?How is it "awful" & "going downhill fast"?

Besides the fact that healthcare is a necessity and the fact that new healthcare workers are desperately needed, it's also worth noting that the healthcare field generally pays pretty well and offers more employment opportunities than almost any other field.

Hey Isaac, Have I mentioned that I was also trained as an EMT-B, loved my time in the ER/ED and am strongly considering a career as a nurse? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:30 pm 
Manatee

That is great! I did notice there were some mean burnt out nurses in the ER I worked in ;) but there were some people who loved what they were doing. I think in some cases the ER Techs were happier than the ER Nurses (less flak from dr's?)

ADD ME AS A MYSPACE FRIEND!
http://www.myspace.com/madeinoregon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:54 pm 
Rabbit

loveliberate wrote:
OK, you got my curiousity up - Why should people stay out of healthcare?How is it "awful" & "going downhill fast"?

Besides the fact that healthcare is a necessity and the fact that new healthcare workers are desperately needed, it's also worth noting that the healthcare field generally pays pretty well and offers more employment opportunities than almost any other field.

Hey Isaac, Have I mentioned that I was also trained as an EMT-B, loved my time in the ER/ED and am strongly considering a career as a nurse? :D

It offeres so many jobs bc no body wants to do it, and 50% of ppl that enter leave within a year.. Ppl arent paying their bills, and hardly anyone has inssurance, so hospitals and other clinics arent making any money, and the longer this goes on the less money anyone in healthcare will make..

the work is awful, you might want to job shadow b4 making that choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:04 pm 
Rabbit

I've read snippets of "Skinny Bitch," it's great! Straight, forward truth!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:24 am 
Manatee

Hi. I just saw this post _ saw your otehrs before this. You wrote "In nursing school I learned a lot about meat being bad"

That sounds great. What specifically is being taught, as far as meat eating being bad, in school?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:21 pm 
Rabbit

Hey Addy, good to see you are on this site as well =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:24 pm 
Rabbit

loveliberate wrote:
Hello & Welcome! :D
I'm hesitant to ask but could you please tell us/me more about the book you mention? I've never heard of it and the name isnt something I prefer to google for...

LOL that's funny! I made a mistake by googling for the contact info for a cafe called Hot House... all kinds of funny site links and scary pop ups came up on my screen @ work!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:28 pm 
Rabbit

9nines wrote:
Hi. I just saw this post _ saw your otehrs before this. You wrote "In nursing school I learned a lot about meat being bad"

That sounds great. What specifically is being taught, as far as meat eating being bad, in school?

They just talk about what causes cancer and things. There is a list of things a person has to do (or should do) who has cancer or someone who fears getting it. Number one was giving up meat, then there was (I forget the order) lose weight, stop smoking, and exercise..

but they still teach the traditional food pyramid so dont get ur hopes up. :)