Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hello strangers!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:39 pm 
Rabbit

So I've been on this forum for a while and I haven't introduced myself. I have a couple of minutes so here goes.

My name is Cameron. I'm from Los Angeles. I've been vegan for about ten years and vegetarian since I was a little kid. That might be an oversimplification. The change to vegeatarian was pretty easy. When I was like 2, 3, 4...somewhere around there, I called myself a fruititarian. And then later became a vegetarian. Occasionally my parents would make me eat turkey or fish. But after a while, no meat at all. Then in my early teens I went vegan. And by the time I was in college I had convinced my parents to go vegan too.

LA is a great town for vegans. We have tons of veg restaurants and lots of places to buy veg food. It's very accepted here. And my hybrid car is normal here, too. There are hundreds of them on the roads here.

I've been working out since high school. I hit the gym five days a week. But I'm not into building a large amount of mass. I stay opn the lean side. I'm an actor, and as we alll know the saying, the camera adds ten pounds. Well, it really does. So anyhow. That's me. I know a lot about nutrition and vegan products/ingredients/stores/restaurants/bakeries/etc. PM me if you have questions.

Nice to introduce myself to everyone. See you on the boards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:56 pm 
Elephant

Welcome to the board Bighead. :lol: Love the name. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:03 pm 
Elephant

Welcome to to the forums. I read some stuff that you posted and you sure do know your stuff. Any good veg restaurants to recommend? I cant seem to find any out here :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Bighead,

Great to have you here. I'm trying to become an actor myself, although on a fairly small scale. I've done some small movies, a TV commercial for PETA, stand-up comedy, some sketch comedy like SNL style, a some local TV appearances talking about my Vegan Bodybuilding lifestyle.

I'm sure I can learn a lot from you about acting and performing.

Again, cool to have you here and enjoy the forum, great people are here.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject: Re: Hello strangers!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:50 pm 
Stegosaurus

[quote="bighead] And by the time I was in college I had convinced my parents to go vegan too.

.[/quote]

You rock, man. Way to go!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:45 am 
Gorilla

howdy.

what kinda stuff you act?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:12 am 
Rabbit

Great to have an actor on board. My mom is an acting coach, and I have a lot of friends who are actors. It's also really cool to hear you were able to convince your parents to go vegan - I failed at that and gave up trying long ago, but they do seem to eat healthier because of me. Welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:50 pm 
Elephant

welcome bighead :D
nice to have you here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:39 am 
Rabbit

kollision wrote:
Welcome to to the forums. I read some stuff that you posted and you sure do know your stuff. Any good veg restaurants to recommend? I cant seem to find any out here :(

"out here" where? Where are you from? Your profile doesn't say. Do you mean here in LA? If so, then hell yeah. I can tell you at least a dozen great restaurants and another dozen good restaurants that are vegan or vegetarian.

Let's see here...the acting questions. I finished my BA in Theater, Film and Television from UCLA in December. I mostly want to act in, produce, write and direct film. But the acting is my primary goal right now. I like all kinds of roles. If comedy is written well, it's good. Anything with good characters. And, yeah Robert. If you (or anyone else for that matter) have acting questions just pm me and I'll see if I can help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:41 am 
Elephant

bighead wrote:
kollision wrote:

"out here" where? Where are you from? Your profile doesn't say. Do you mean here in LA? If so, then hell yeah. I can tell you at least a dozen great restaurants and another dozen good restaurants that are vegan or vegetarian.

Let's see here...the acting questions. I finished my BA in Theater, Film and Television from UCLA in December. I mostly want to act in, produce, write and direct film. But the acting is my primary goal right now. I like all kinds of roles. If comedy is written well, it's good. Anything with good characters. And, yeah Robert. If you (or anyone else for that matter) have acting questions just pm me and I'll see if I can help.

Yes Cameron, I live in LA. Congrats on the graduation!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:41 pm 
Rabbit

Welcome bighead!

Quote:

Know any good restaurants in the Beverly Hills / Century City area? (Not expensive places, just good food.) I often have to work in that area and I hate to drive around looking for places to eat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:48 pm 
Rabbit

kollision & Sirdle-

There are a lot of vegan and vegetarian restaurants in LA.

http://www.vegparadise.com/diningarchive.html

That site lists all of them that I know of and has reviews. They are listed by city.

My favorites are:

for the valley - Follow Your Heart Cafe (canoga park), Garden Wok (reseda), Veggie Delight(granada hills), Woodland's Indian Cuisine (canoga/chatsworth on topanga), Langano Ethiopian (van nuys), Madeleine Bistro (midlevel prices - classy sit down french vegan restaurant - good place to take a date - Tarzana)

for Hollywood/LA - Vegan Glory(Sirdle - it's on Beverly by the beverly connection), Real Food Daily (on la cienega up the street from bev connection), Rahel's Vegan Ethiopian (great food on Fairafax in Little Ethiopia), California Vegan (on Sunset), Vegan Express (Universal City), Paru's Indian Vegetarian (Hollywood), Electric Lotus (indian - Toby and Leo's fav hangout, or so I've heard - in Los Feliz)

for the Westside - Native Foods (sirdle - it's in Westwood - vegan "fast food"), Real Food Daily Santa Monica, Chandni Vegetarian Indian (santa monica/brentwood), Juliano's Raw (santa monica - very expensive), Leaf (cheap raw food - Culver City west), Vegisoul (Culver City central)

AND I remember reading about people (maybe you) looking for a veg buffet - so here it is:

Sallim Korean Veggie Life Buffet
3020 Wilshire Blvd., #119, Los Angeles, CA 90010
Phone: 213-387-5334
Hours: Daily Lunch 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Daily Dinner: 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Inexpensive

Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:34 pm 
Rabbit

Cool and thanks. I bookmarked the site and I'll check some of them out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:43 am 
Site Admin

hey bighead, you look 64% like the older brother from Malcolm in the Middle. I think he is called Francis? You look 17% like my ex girlfriend, in the nose and eyes and mouth. But she's not famous so that is of little interest to you or anyone else.