Intro from Jessi in Colorado!

Jessifly

Hey everyone!

I actually joined almost 2 weeks ago but am just now getting around to posting an intro (mostly cause this is my first forum-type membership and I'm kinda learing how this works)

Let's see.. I've been vegetarian off and on my whole life for it being a healthy choice, but I've been learning more about animal cruelty and therefore have become very strict on myself more recently... I've eaten no meat in months now and I decided to transition to a completely vegan diet. I thought the transition would be hard and take a while but so far it has been very easy. For one my diet is already more vegan than I realized and also a huge help has been that my friend James (SpeakLow on here) is also going vegan and we cook up some really REALLY delicious meals together! And also I am a hugely compassionate person so the more I learn about animal cruelty the easier it is to mqke vegan choices.

My interests are mainly outdoors (backpacking, camping, snowboarding, snowshoeing, I am just getting into rock climbing, too). I am also very interested in nutrition and exercise. I also am planning on moving to Portland, Oregon (when the house sells) to be near family and friends, I am so excited but it is taking longer than I expected. When I get there I plan to start school but I'm not completely positive what I want to do career-wise yet.

My goals in joining this forum are mainly to learn how to incorporate a vegan diet into an active lifestyle. I have lots of questions and am looking forward to posting!

Jessi

Welcome to our group!

My brother lives out in Colorado too. Great to have you here and you will learn tons of information, get lots of inspiration and hopefully we'll be able to answer all of your questions.

Please feel free to post anything you like and I'm sure you'll get to meet really cool people in no time.

I have a ton of new friends that I met on here, which is cool.

Welcome aboard and we look forward to hearing more from you.

Great...a new vegan I'll be able to meet when I move to Portland...maybe we should all have a camping trip or something...I've only been camping with one vegan but it would be alot more fun in a group

Thanks for your "welcomes" everyone!

Welcome aboard, we'd love to answer your questions.

Thanks, I try and get to posting soon

Great...a new vegan I'll be able to meet when I move to Portland...maybe we should all have a camping trip or something...I've only been camping with one vegan but it would be alot more fun in a group

Yeah! I think we should put together a camping trip!

Yeah, I totally forgot you mentioned the move to Portland Jessifly. We have a strong community here already and with a bunch of forum members moving out here soon, we'll be even stronger!

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all!

Hey, I know you!

Hey, I know you too! Great assortment of pics you chose for the photo forum

• 2 weeks later...