Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Hello from Illinois
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:16 am 
Elephant

cubby2112 wrote:
Hi, I am a college student here in DeKalb, Illinois. I have been a vegan for about four months and am loving it; I finally feel good about myself. For awhile I have been reading these forums and finally decided to go ahead and say hello. I am interested in bodybuilding and to a lesser extent cycling (cold weather steals my motivation, and it is hard to rekindle it completely every spring). I hope to get to know you all and learn some stuff about bodybuilding as a vegan.

Omg holy crap i was just in DeKalb visiting my girlfriend(she goes to Northern also).

I'm also trying to be a big bad vegan who likes cycling. I've also been vegan for abotu 4 months as well!!!

If i'm ever at Northern again i'll be sure to message you.

If you're a music major you may know my girlfriend, Katie Buchanan. That'd be crazy if you did!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:17 am 
Elephant

Yeah, you should message me if you come to town. I am an English major, so I don't know many music students.

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:28 pm 
Eat like a maniac...thats how I got big(not as a vegan though) but I also stayed big and got stronger that way...the people that saw me in Portland during the Vegan Vacation will tell you how I ate...thats the only way the really get huge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:11 pm 
Elephant

I am watching my calories closely and seeing how my body reacts to them. Each time I increase my intake, I just build muscle faster and continue to lose fat. Right now I am at 3000 calories or so a day. My BMR is 1900, I had 13.1 percent bodyfat the last time I had it tested and I weigh 168 lbs. Before this, I lost a lot of weight, 105 lbs, and I am now looking to pack some of it back on as muscle instead of fat.

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:19 pm 
Elephant

From what i understand you're going to need a little fat on you to power muscle growth. I have plenty of fat but it's slowly changing over into muscle. If you're gaining muscle you will gain weight.

I measure my progress of fat loss to muscle growth by seeing if people say "wow you've lost weight" and then watching my PRs and reps go up while lifting. I also make sure my closes fit better around the waist but a little tighter in the arms and shoulders area. It's not really an exact science but if i can see and feel progress that's good enough for me.

Jonathan and Buzz(i believe he is on this forum as well) are both big time bulkers/strongmen guys so hopefully they can help out. It really is all about getting lots of calories. It seems like you're generally a pretty fit guy with a low body fat % so i wouldn't worry too much about eating too poorly. Just try and keep out the BS carbs. White flour will be the end of me. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:43 pm 
Elephant

I don't buy anything that isn't whole grain, but the cafeteria here sometimes forces me to eat processed grains. Well, doesn't really force me, but if I want a vegan wrap of some sort instead of the same salad I have had a million times, I need to make the sacrifice.

-offense74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:31 am 
Elephant

Yea, i've heard horror stories about the Fine Arts caf their.

Mine is damn good, except today both vegan options had egg/cheese in them which made me angry so i ate tons of veggies fruit and rice. Felt good but kinda boring taste wise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:55 am 
Elephant

Welcome ! :)

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:21 pm 
Elephant

Welcome aboard! Enjoy our community!

http://www.david-schulz.com
Life Science
Got Milk?