Hello guys and gals

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

JW
Elephant

#16 Postby JW » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:06 pm

Welcome from Sunny & FREEEEEZING cold Winnipeg :D
What's the difference between boogers and broccoli ?
-Kids don't eat broccoli.

flanders77
Elephant

#17 Postby flanders77 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:11 am

Welcome aboard from me, too! Since I live in Germany I know where your country is :D
Nice to see that we already have 2 Estonians here. That is a good quota for you small (in numbers) country.
My tipps: Train hard, eat plants!
Bigbwii wrote:The force is strong on the fruity side.....

http://www.david-schulz.com
Life Science
Got Milk?

k6
Rabbit

#18 Postby k6 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:33 am

flanders77 wrote:Welcome aboard from me, too! Since I live in Germany I know where your country is :D
Nice to see that we already have 2 Estonians here. That is a good quota for you small (in numbers) country.
My tipps: Train hard, eat plants!

That made me happyer than i was bf reading your post. Well done :))

But about plants. Alhough major part of my diet are apples, bananas, carrots, rice, etc, I'm still going with cottage cheese as my proteins... I'm allmost through with my 12 week cycle. I want to know what works and does not for me. Cottage cheese has helped me to gain. I keep detailed statistics about my bodyfat and overall weight.

I'll see what happens with nuts and peas on my next 12 week cycle.

My only concern is that I'll not able to divide proteins, carbs and fats as I need to. 30% protein, 40% carbs, 30% fat.

lelle
Elephant

#19 Postby lelle » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:36 am

hey welcome aboard! 8)

flanders77
Elephant

#20 Postby flanders77 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:48 am

k6 wrote:
flanders77 wrote:But about plants. Alhough major part of my diet are apples, bananas, carrots, rice, etc, I'm still going with cottage cheese as my proteins... I'm allmost through with my 12 week cycle. I want to know what works and does not for me. Cottage cheese has helped me to gain. I keep detailed statistics about my bodyfat and overall weight.
I'll see what happens with nuts and peas on my next 12 week cycle.
My only concern is that I'll not able to divide proteins, carbs and fats as I need to. 30% protein, 40% carbs, 30% fat.

IMHO it is not necessary to eat in a e.g. 30/40/30-way.
Eat all essentials (aminos and fats) you need, eliminate empty carbs and all taht highly processed socalled food, eat fresh and enough and do not worry about the numbers so much as long as you are making progress.
There actually is nothing good about eating cheese or other dairy products. Milk is for the infants of cows. It is not for humans. Maybe you will pay a high price for the gains you make now... :roll:

Life Science

Got Milk?

k6
Rabbit

#21 Postby k6 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:24 am

Well, in about month I'll stop eating cottage cheese and eggs. I'll try to be true vegan for a while. Atleast a month.

If vegans can add muscles with nuts, beans etc then it shall happen to me too.

Do you know skinny vegans who have gained lot of muscles without supplements or animal protein?

flanders77
Elephant

#22 Postby flanders77 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:30 am

Yes. Me. And I know me very well. When I became vegan about I gained about 7 kg (89kg -> 96 kg BW)
And I think Daywalker can add some thoughts here, too. There are many others aboard who made phenomenal progresses.
You really should forget about that: animal-protein-makes-me-strong-thoughts.

Life Science

Got Milk?

k6
Rabbit

#23 Postby k6 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:56 am

okay, I guess I could gradually start changing my diet.

I went to store the other day and bought some stuff.

I have
white beans,
French bean,
red French bean,
lenses ( I don't know what these are nor if I got the right word in english. It's called teller linsen in german - http://www.muellers-muehle.de/index.php ... ler_linsen)
and "Black Russian'' Vicia faba L. var. major Harz - a bean :)

What shoud I make of them? Maby I should mix them all together and make something out of them?

I also bought muesli. It's a mix of all sorts of things: oat flakes, wheat flakes, corn flakes, raisins, dried bananas, riceflakes, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds. I'll eat that on my next dinner.

flanders77
Elephant

#24 Postby flanders77 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:01 am

k6 wrote:okay, I guess I could gradually start changing my diet.

That`s great! But do not eat too many beans because maybe you will soon have no more friends if you do.
Eat fresh fruits and vegetables as a basis and of course: Eat enough :wink:
And most importantly (I repeat myself very often :wink: ): Stop worrying about protein.

Life Science

Got Milk?

kuramus
Rabbit

#25 Postby kuramus » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:16 am

flanders77 wrote:
k6 wrote:okay, I guess I could gradually start changing my diet.

That`s great! But do not eat too many beans because maybe you will soon have no more friends if you do.
Eat fresh fruits and vegetables as a basis and of course: Eat enough :wink:
And most importantly (I repeat myself very often :wink: ): Stop worrying about protein.
I agree.
It's like everybody 'knows' you need meat and milk, but when you ask them why no-one can give an adequate reason. Symptoms of some kind of a brainwash. :roll:

btw, i'm currently working on a project of a website and a forum joining estonian veg*ns. if it's nearing its finish, i'll let you know and you're welcome to join.
:wink:

k6
Rabbit

#26 Postby k6 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:34 am

I surely will!

Odidnetne
Stegosaurus

#27 Postby Odidnetne » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:00 pm

Welcome to the forums. I hope you get everything you need to be completely vegan for keeps this time. :-D
www.facebook.com/OhDid

"Look at what a green thumb this guy has, he just throws plants in water and they root!"
- A good friend talking about my basil cuttings

Crash
Elephant

#28 Postby Crash » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:29 pm

Welcome ! :)
Out of my mind...Back in five minutes.

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

Trev
Gorilla

#29 Postby Trev » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:25 pm

Hello from another Canadian, but in not-usually-but-sometimes-freezing-because-of-global-warming Vancouver! Repeating, but you're definitely on the right forum. Gotta kick the dairy!

Return to “Introductions”